Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Does exercise training play a role in the treatment of essential hypertension?.J Cardiovasc Risk. 1995; 2: 296-302
- Physical activity, fitness, and hypertension.in: Bouchard C. Shephard R.J. Stephens T. Physical Activity, Fitness, and Health. Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL1994: 633-655
- Effect of exercise training on the blood pressure and hemodynamic features of hypertensive adolescents.Am J Cardiol. 1983; 52: 763-768
- Physical activity, physical fitness, and hypertension.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1993; 25: i-x
- The sixth report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure.Arch Intern Med. 1997; 157: 2413-2446
- Clinical evaluation of the Nippon Colin BP-103N blood pressure monitor.J Hum Hypertension. 1987; 7: 13-16
Taniguchi Y. Submaximal prediction of maximal oxygen uptake by computer controlled cycle ergometer. Bulletin of the Faculty of Education, University of Tokyo 1992;32:365–372 (In Japanese).
- Accuracy of five electronic pedometers for measuring distance walked.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1996; 28: 1071-1077
- Swimming training lowers the resting blood pressure in individuals with hypertension.J Hypertens. 1997; 15: 651-657
- Effect of regular aerobic exercise on elevated blood pressure in postmenopausal women.Am J Cardiol. 1997; 80: 49-55
- Controlled trial of aerobic exercise in hypertension.Circulation. 1990; 81: 1560-1567
- Effect of exercise training in 60- to 69-year-old persons with essential hypertension.Am J Cardiol. 1989; 64: 348-353
- Antihypertensive and volume-depleting effects of mild exercise on essential hypertension.Hypertension. 1987; 9: 245-252
- Physical training program in arterial hypertension.Cardiol. 1981; 67: 230-243
- Effect of mild aerobic exercise on lipid and apolipoprotein levels in patients with essential hypertension.Jpn Heart J. 1988; 29: 199-206
- Community intervention for promotion of physical activity and fitness.in: Holloszy J.O. Exercise and Sport Sciences Reviews. vol 19. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore, MD1991: 211-259
- Effects of cross-training.Sports Med. 1994; 18: 330-339
- Effects of long-term physical training on body fat, metabolism, and blood pressure in obesity.Metabolism. 1979; 28: 650-658
- Long-term control of arterial blood pressure.Physiol Rev. 1992; 72: 231-300
- Absence of age-related increase in central arterial stiffness in physically active women.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1998; 18: 127-132
- Effects of age and aerobic capacity on arterial stiffness in healthy adults.Circulation. 1993; 88: 1456-1462
☆This study was supported by a Research Grant for Cardiovascular Disease (5C-5) from the Japanese Ministry of Health and Welfare (to TO), Tokyo; the Japan Human Science Foundation (to TO), Tokyo; and Japan Science and Technology Corporation Grant 397033 (to HT), Saitama, Japan.