Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Cardiology
- Effects of beta-adrenergic blockade on survival of patients with chronic heart failure.Am J Cardiol. 1997; 80: 46L-54L
- Effects of beta blockade on mortality in patients with heart failure.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1997; 30: 27-34
- The role of beta-blockers in left ventricular dysfunction and heart failure.Drugs. 1997; 54: 501-510
- Effects of beta-blocker therapy on mortality in patients with heart failure. A systematic overview of randomized controlled trials.Eur Heart J. 1997; 18: 560-565
- Effects of beta blockers on symptoms and functional capacity in heart failure.Am J Cardiol. 1997; 80: 55L-58L
COREG (Carvedilol) Product Information. SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, Collegeville, PA, 1997.
- Markov models in medical decision making.Med Decis Making. 1993; 13: 322-358
- The effect of carvedilol on morbidity and mortality in patients with chronic heart failure.N Engl J Med. 1996; 334: 1349-1355
Bureau of Labor Statistics. Consumer Price Index. Washington D.C: U.S. Department of Labor, 1997.
- Cost-Effectiveness in Health and Medicine. Oxford University Press, New York1996
- Costs and effectiveness of angiotensin converting enzyme inhibition in patients with congestive heart failure.Arch Intern Med. 1994; 154: 1143-1149
- The sequelae of hospitalization for congestive heart failure among older adults.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1997; 45: 558-563
- Effect of enalapril in patients with reduced left ventricular ejection fractions and congestive heart failure.N Engl J Med. 1991; 325: 293-302
1997 Drug Topics Red Book. Montvale, NJ: Medical Economics Company Inc., 1997.
Pharmacy Benefits Management Institute, Inc. 1996 Prescription Drug Benefit Cost and Plan Design Survey Report. Albuquerque, NM: Wellman Publishing Inc., 1997.
- Costs and effects of enalapril therapy in patients with symptomatic heart failure.J Cardiac Failure. 1995; 1: 371-380
- Results of the economic evaluation of the FIRST study.Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 1996; 4: 698-713
American Medical Association. Medicare RBRVS: The Physician’s Guide. Chicago (IL): American Medical Association, 1997.
Agency for Health Care Policy and Research. The HCUP-3 National Inpatient Sample (NIS) Release-1, 1993, CD-ROM. Springfield, VA: National Technical Information Service, 1996.
Health Care Financing Administration. Hospital Cost Report Information Service (HCRIS) Minimum Dataset, Public Use File. Baltimore, MD: Health Care Financing Administration, 1995.
- Health expenditures for major diseases in 1980.Health Care Fin Rev. 1984; 5: 1-12
- Cost effectiveness of simvastatin treatment to lower cholesterol levels in patients with coronary heart disease.N Engl J Med. 1997; 336: 332-336
- Cost effectiveness of thrombolytic therapy with tissue plasminogen activator as compared with streptokinase for acute myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 1995; 332: 1418-1424
- Costs and effectiveness of routine therapy with beta-adrenergic antagonists after routine myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 1988; 319: 152-157
- Randomised placebo-controlled trial of carvedilol in patients with congestive heart failure due to ischaemic heart disease.Lancet. 1997; 349: 375-380
- Beta-adrenergic blockers and survival in heart failure (editorial).N Engl J Med. 1996; 334: 1396-1397
☆This study was supported by SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, Collegeville, Pennsylvania, which markets carvedilol under the brand name Coreg.