Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- American Heart Association Electrocardiography and Arrhythmias Committee of Council on Clinical Cardiology, Council on Cardiovascular Disease in Young, Council on Cardiovascular and Stroke Nursing, Council on Functional Genomics and Translational Biology, and American College of Cardiology. Eligibility and disqualification recommendations for competitive athletes with cardiovascular abnormalities: Task Force 3: hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy and other cardiomyopathies, and myocarditis: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology.Circulation. 2015; 132: e273-e280
Gersh BJ, Maron BJ, Bonow RO, Dearani JA, Fifer MA, Link MS, Naidu SS, Nishimura RA, Ommen SR, Rakowski H, Seidman CE, Towbin JA, Udelson JE, Yancy CW; American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines; American Association for Thoracic Surgery; American Society of Echocardiography; American Society of Nuclear Cardiology; Heart Failure Society of America; Heart Rhythm Society; Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions; Society of Thoracic Surgeons. 2011 ACCF/AHA guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. Circulation. 2011;124:e783–831.
- Sudden death in young athletes.N Engl J Med. 2003; 349: 1064-1075
- Sudden deaths in young competitive athletes: analysis of 1866 deaths in the United States, 1980–2006.Circulation. 2009; 119: 1085-1092
- Incidence, cause, and comparative frequency of sudden cardiac death in National Collegiate Athletic Association athletes: a decade in review.Circulation. 2015; 132: 10-19
- Return-to-play for athletes with long QT syndrome or genetic heart diseases predisposing to sudden death.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2021; 78: 594-604
- Vigorous exercise in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.Int J Cardiol. 2018; 250: 157-163
- Does sport participation worsen the clinical course of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy? Clinical outcome of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in athletes.Circulation. 2018; 137: 531-533
- Return-to-play for athletes with genetic heart diseases.Circulation. 2018; 137: 1086-1088
- Effect of body mass index on exercise capacity in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.Am J Cardiol. 2018; 121: 100-106
- Prognostic utility of metabolic exercise testing in minimally symptomatic patients with obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.Am J Cardiol. 2012; 109: 1494-1498
- Prognostic value of systemic blood pressure response during exercise in a community-based patient population with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999; 33: 2044-2051
- 2020 AHA/ACC guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association joint committee on clinical practice guidelines.Circulation. 2020; 142: e558-e631
- Seasonal changes in physical capacities of basketball players according to competitive levels and individual responses.PLoS One. 2020; 15e0230558
- Physical attributes, physiological characteristics, on-court performances and nutritional strategies of female and male basketball players.Sports Med. 2009; 39: 547-568
- VO2 kinetics and performance in soccer players after intense training and inactivity.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2011; 43: 1716-1724
- Chronotropic incompetence and its relation to exercise intolerance in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.Int J Cardiol. 2011; 153: 179-184
- Determinants of peak oxygen uptake in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: a single-center study.Intern Emerg Med. 2014; 9: 293-302
- Exercise capacity in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Role of stroke volume limitation, heart rate, and diastolic filling characteristics.Circulation. 1995; 92: 2886-2894
- Cardiac output response and peripheral oxygen extraction during exercise among symptomatic hypertrophic cardiomyopathy patients with and without left ventricular outflow tract obstruction.Heart. 2014; 100: 639-646
- Cardiopulmonary exercise test in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2017; 14: S102-S109
- Exercise training increases skeletal muscle mitochondrial volume density by enlargement of existing mitochondria and not de novo biogenesis.Acta Physiol. 2018; 222: e12976
Dr. Newman and Mr. Garmany contributed equally to this manuscript.