Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Heart failure as a risk factor for stroke.J Stroke. 2018; 20: 33-45
- Costs of hospitalization for stroke patients aged 18–64 years in the United States.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2014; 23: 861-868
- Epidemiology and aetiology of heart failure.Nat Rev Cardiol. 2016; 13: 368-378
- Risk of stroke in patients with heart failure: A population-based 30-year cohort study.Stroke. 2017; 48: 1161-1168
- The Cardiovascular Health Study: design and rationale.Ann Epidemiol. 1991; 1: 263-276
- A proportional hazards model for the subdistribution of a competing risk.J Am Stat Assoc. 1999; 94: 496-509
- Introduction to the analysis of survival data in the presence of competing risks.Circulation. 2016; 133: 601-609
- Exercise intensity and subclinical cardiovascular disease in the elderly. The cardiovascular health study.Am J Epidemiol. 1997; 145: 977-986
- Prevention of heart failure in older adults may require higher levels of physical activity than needed for other cardiovascular events.Int J Cardiol. 2013; 168: 1905-1909
- Cardiovascular risk factors for acute stroke: risk profiles in the different subtypes of ischemic stroke.World J Clin Cases. 2015; 3: 418-429
- Heart failure and stroke.Curr Heart Fail Rep. 2018; 15: 287-296
- Heart failure and the risk of stroke: the Rotterdam Study.Eur J Epidemiol. 2010; 25: 807-812
- Warfarin versus aspirin in patients with reduced cardiac ejection fraction (WARCEF): rationale, objectives, and design.J Card Fail. 2006; 12: 39-46
- Ischemic stroke after heart failure: a community-based study.Am Heart J. 2006; 152: 102-109
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics. Vital statistics of the United States, 1993: preprint of volume II, mortality, Part A, Section 6. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/lifetables/life93_2.pdf. Accessed on July 31, 2022.
- Trends in incidence, lifetime risk, severity, and 30-day mortality of stroke over the past 50 years.JAMA. 2006; 296: 2939-2946
- The lifetime risk of stroke: estimates from the Framingham Study.Stroke. 2006; 37: 345-350
Funding: Dr. Ahmed was in part supported by grants R01-HL085561, R01-HL085561-S, and R01-HL097047 from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) and grant I01HX002422 from Department of Veterans Affairs. OPTIMIZE-HF was sponsored by GlaxoSmithKline but played no role in the design, conduct, analyses, or interpretation of the current study.