Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Trans-suppression of misfolding in an amyloid disease.Science. 2001; 293: 2459-2462
- The V122I cardiomyopathy variant of transthyretin increases the velocity of rate-limiting tetramer dissociation, resulting in accelerated amyloidosis.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001; 98: 14943-14948
- Transthyretin quaternary and tertiary structural changes facilitate misassembly into amyloid.Adv Protein Chem. 1997; 50: 161-181
- Fibril in senile systemic amyloidosis is derived from normal transthyretin.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990; 87: 2843-2845
- Structure of prealbumin: secondary, tertiary and quaternary interactions determined by Fourier refinement at 1.8 A.J Mol Biol. 1978; 121: 339-356
- Structure of a complex of two plasma proteins: transthyretin and retinol-binding protein.Science. 1995; 268: 1039-1041
- Transthyretin amyloid cardiomyopathy: JACC State-of-the-Art Review.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 73: 2872-2891
- Patisiran, an RNAi therapeutic, for hereditary transthyretin amyloidosis.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 11-21
Attralus. Attralus presents positive new data at 2021 American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting. Available at:https://attralus.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/61b740cfaefddf69719bc441_Attralus-ASH-Data-Press-Release-13Dec2021.pdf. Accessed on April 11, 2022.
- Inotersen (transthyretin-specific antisense oligonucleotide) for treatment of transthyretin amyloidosis.Neurodegener Dis Manag. 2019; 9: 25-30
BridgeBio. BridgeBio Pharma reports month 12 topline results from phase 3 ATTRibute-CM study. Available at:https://bridgebio.com/news/bridgebio-pharma-reports-month-12-topline-results-from-phase-3-attribute-cm-study. Accessed on April 11, 2022.
- Tegsedi (Inotersen): an antisense oligonucleotide approved for the treatment of adult patients with hereditary transthyretin amyloidosis.Pharmaceuticals (Basel). 2019; 12: 78
- Diagnosis and treatment of cardiac amyloidosis. A position statement of the European Society of Cardiology Working Group on Myocardial and Pericardial Diseases.Eur J Heart Fail. 2021; 23: 512-526
- CRISPR-Cas9 in vivo gene editing for transthyretin amyloidosis.N Engl J Med. 2021; 385: 493-502
- Single-dose pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of transthyretin targeting N-acetylgalactosamine-small interfering ribonucleic acid conjugate, vutrisiran, in healthy subjects.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2021; 109: 372-382
- Transthyretin stabilization by AG10 in symptomatic transthyretin amyloid cardiomyopathy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 74: 285-295
- American Heart Association Heart Failure and Transplantation Committee of the Council on Clinical Cardiology. Cardiac amyloidosis: evolving diagnosis and management: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2020; 142: e7-e22
- Stabilization of cardiac function with diflunisal in transthyretin (ATTR) cardiac amyloidosis.J Card Fail. 2020; 26: 753-759
- ATTR-ACT Study Investigators. Tafamidis treatment for patients with transthyretin amyloid cardiomyopathy.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 1007-1016
- A human antibody selective for transthyretin amyloid removes cardiac amyloid through phagocytic immune cells.Nat Commun. 2021; 12: 3142
Neurimmune. Neurimmune announces the initiation of a phase 1 study of NI006 for the treatment of ATTR cardiomyopathy. Available at:https://www.neurimmune.com/news/neurimmune-announces-the-initiation-of-a-phase-1-study-of-ni006-for-the-treatment-of-attr-cardiomyopathy. Accessed on April 11, 2022.
Prothena. Prothena reports positive 9 month results from phase 1 long-term extension study of PRX004, the first investigational anti-amyloid immunotherapy for the treatment of ATTR amyloidosis. Available at:https://s29.q4cdn.com/936209790/files/doc_news/archive/0a6f3106-ff2d-4170-9101-929def1dde04.pdf. Accessed on April 11, 2022.
- TTR (transthyretin) stabilizers are associated with improved survival in patients with TTR cardiac amyloidosis.Circ Heart Fail. 2018; 11e004769
- Orally administered diflunisal stabilizes transthyretin against dissociation required for amyloidogenesis.Amyloid. 2006; 13: 236-249
- Effects of patisiran, an RNA interference therapeutic, on cardiac parameters in patients with hereditary transthyretin-mediated amyloidosis.Circulation. 2019; 139: 431-443
- A review of patisiran (Onpattro®) for the treatment of polyneuropathy in people with hereditary transthyretin amyloidosis.Neurol Ther. 2020; 9: 301-315
- Ligand conjugated antisense oligonucleotide for the treatment of transthyretin amyloidosis: preclinical and phase 1 data.ESC Heart Fail. 2021; 8: 652-661
- Diflunisal Trial Consortium. Repurposing diflunisal for familial amyloid polyneuropathy: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2013; 310: 2658-2667
- Cost-effectiveness of tafamidis therapy for transthyretin amyloid cardiomyopathy.Circulation. 2020; 141: 1214-1224
- Diflunisal tolerability in transthyretin cardiac amyloidosis: a single center's experience.Amyloid. 2018; 25: 197-202
- Statistical appraisal of 6 recent clinical trials in cardiology: JACC State-of-the-Art Review.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 73: 2740-2755
- The truth is unfolding about transthyretin cardiac amyloidosis.Circulation. 2019; 140: 27-30
- Factors associated with changes in serum transthyretin after treatment with tafamidis and outcomes in transthyretin cardiac amyloidosis.Amyloid. 2021; 28: 267-268
- Lack of association between neurohormonal blockade and survival in transthyretin cardiac amyloidosis.J Am Heart Assoc. 2021; 10e022859
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals. Alnylam completes enrollment in Apollo-B phase 3 study of patisiran in transthyretin mediated (ATTR) amyloidosis patients with cardiomyopathy. Available at: https://investors.alnylam.com/press-release?id=25926. Accessed on April 11, 2022.
Maurer MS, Fontana M, Berk JL, Gustafsson F, Simoes M, Grogan M, Fernandes F, Gottlieb RL, Kubanek M, Poulsen S, Damy T, Diemberger I, Tahara N, Yu W-C, Tang WHW, Obici L, González-Duarte A, Sekijima Y, White MT, Yueneva E, Jay PY, Vest J, Gillmore JD. Primary results from APOLLO-B, a phase 3 study of patisiran in patients with transthyretin-mediated amyloidosis with cardiomyopathy. Available at: https://capella.alnylam.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Maurer-et-al-ISA-2022.pdf.39. Accessed on September 21, 2022.
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals. Alnylam presents positive results from HELIOS-A phase 3 study of investigational vutrisiran. Available at: https://investors.alnylam.com/press-release?id=25656. Accessed on April 11, 2022.
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals. Alnylam presents positive 18-month results from HELIOS-A phase 3 study of investigational vutrisiran in patients with hATTR amyloidosis with polyneuropathy. Available at: https://investors.alnylam.com/press-release?id=26396. Accessed on April 11, 2022.
Intellia Therapeutics. Intellia and Regeneron announce updated phase 1 data demonstrating a single dose of NTLA-2001, an investigational CRISPR therapy for transthyretin (ATTR) amyloidosis, resulted in rapid, deep and sustained reduction in disease-causing protein. Available at: https://ir.intelliatx.com/news-releases/news-release-details/intellia-and-regeneron-announce-updated-phase-1-data. Accessed on April 11, 2022.
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
This article was funded by Eidos Therapeutics Inc., San Francisco, California. The International Congress on ATTR Amyloidosis was supported by Eidos and developed and produced in coordination with MedscapeLIVE! (New York, New York).
This article is based on a presentation given at the first Annual International Congress on ATTR Amyloidosis Conference on October 16, 2021.