Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Projected U.S. State-Level prevalence of adult obesity and severe obesity.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 2440-2450
- Changes in utilization of bariatric surgery in the United States from 1993 to 2016.Ann Surg. 2020; 271: 201-209
- Potential effects of bariatric surgery on the incidence of heart failure and atrial fibrillation in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and obesity and on mortality in patients with preexisting heart failure: a nationwide, matched, observational cohort study.J Am Heart Assoc. 2021; 10e019323
- Bariatric surgery and cardiovascular outcomes in patients with obesity and cardiovascular disease: a population-based retrospective cohort study.Circulation. 2021; 143: 1468-1480
- Impact of bariatric surgery on cardiovascular outcomes and mortality: a population-based cohort study.Br J Surg. 2020; 107: 432-442
- Association of bariatric surgery with all-cause mortality and incidence of obesity-related disease at a population level: a systematic review and meta-analysis.PLoS Med. 2020; 17e1003206
- Safety of bariatric surgery in patients with coronary artery disease.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2020; 16: 2031-2037
- American College of Cardiology, American Heart Association. 2014 ACC/AHA guideline on perioperative cardiovascular evaluation and management of patients undergoing noncardiac surgery: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: e77-137
- Bariatric surgery insurance requirements independently predict surgery dropout.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2017; 13: 871-876
- Derivation and prospective validation of a simple index for prediction of cardiac risk of major noncardiac surgery.Circulation. 1999; 100: 1043-1049
- Development and validation of a risk calculator for prediction of cardiac risk after surgery.Circulation. 2011; 124: 381-387
- Stress testing before low-risk surgery: so many recommendations, so little overuse.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 645-647
- Frequency of appropriate and low-risk noncardiac preoperative stress testing across medical specialties.Am J Cardiol. 2018; 122: 744-748
- Frequency and outcomes of preoperative stress testing in total hip and knee arthroplasty from 2004 to 2017.JAMA Cardiol. 2021; 6: 13-20
Choosing Wisely. Heart stress tests before surgery. Available at: http://www.choosingwisely.org/doctor-patient-lists/heart-stress-tests-before-surgery/. Accessed on June 25, 2022.
American Heart Association. Strategies to reduce low-value cardiovascular care: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association. Available at: https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/epdf/10.1161/HCQ.0000000000000105. Accessed on June 25, 2022.
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof