Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Lancet. 2016; 387 (Infective endocarditis.): 882-893
- Early surgery versus conventional treatment for infective endocarditis.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 2466-2473
- ECS Scientific Document Group. 2015 ECS Guidelines for the management of infective endocarditis.Eur Heart J. 2015; 36: 3075-3128
- Predictors of recurrence and reoperation for prosthetic valve endocarditis after valve replacement surgery for native valve endocarditis.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009; 137: 326-333
- Surgical treatment of paravalvular abscess: long-term results.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2007; 31: 43-48
- Periannular extension of infective endocarditis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 39: 1204-1211
- Long-term outcomes of Surgery for invasive valvular endocarditis involving the aortomitral fibrosa.Ann Thorac Surg. 2019; 108: 1314-1323
- New criteria for diagnosis of infective endocarditis: utilization of specific echocardiographic findings. Duke Endocarditis Service.Am J Med. 1994; 96: 200-209
STS Adult Cardiac Surgery Database Data Specifications. version 4.20.2. Available at: http://www.sts.org. Accessed on June 20, 2022.
- ESC/EACTS Scientific Document Group. 2021 ESC/EACTS Guidelines for the management of valvular heart disease.Eur Heart J. 2022; 43: 561-632
- Outcomes of surgery for infective endocarditis: a single-Centre experience of 801 patients.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2018; 53: 435-439
- Long-term outcome and valve surgery for infective endocarditis in the systematic analysis of a community study.Ann Thorac Surg. 2016; 102: 496-504
- Severity of presentation, not sex, increases risk of surgery for infective endocarditis.Ann Thorac Surg. 2019; 107: 1111-1117
- Long-term results of surgery for active infective endocarditis.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 1997; 11: 46-52
- Long-term outcomes in valve replacement surgery for infective endocarditis.Ann Thorac Surg. 2007; 83: 30-35
- Mechanical or biologic prostheses for aortic-valve and mitral-valve replacement.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 1847-1857
- Mechanical versus biological valve prosthesis for surgical aortic valve replacement in patients with infective endocarditis.Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2019; 29: 386-392
- Current AATS guidelines on surgical treatment of infective endocarditis.Ann Cardiothorac Surg. 2019; 8: 630-644
- Survival and long-term outcomes following bioprosthetic vs mechanical aortic valve replacement in patients aged 50 to 69 years.JAMA. 2014; 312: 1323-1329
- 2020 ACC/AHA guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Joint Committee on Clinical Practice Guidelines.Circulation. 2021; 143: e72-e227
- Value of surgery for infective endocarditis in dialysis patients.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017; 154 (e6): 61-70
- Alternative cardiac imaging modalities to echocardiography for the diagnosis of infective endocarditis.Am J Cardiol. 2016; 118: 1410-1418
- Outcomes and prosthesis choice for active aortic valve infective endocarditis: analysis of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons Adult Cardiac Surgery Database.Ann Thorac Surg. 2014; 98: 806-814
- Real-world outcomes of surgery for native mitral valve endocarditis.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017; 154 (e9): 1906-1912
- Long-term outcomes of mitral valve repair for active endocarditis.Circ J. 2016; 80: 1148-1152
- Long-Term outcome of mitral valve repair for infective endocarditis.Ann Thorac Surg. 2009; 88: 733-739
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding: This study was self-funded.