Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Heart failure in the elderly.J Geriatr Cardiol. 2021; 18: 219-232
- Burden of recurrent hospitalizations following an admission for acute heart failure: preserved versus reduced ejection fraction.Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2017; 70: 239-246
- Frailty in heart failure: implications for management.Card Fail Rev. 2018; 4: 104-106
- Heart Failure Association/European Society of Cardiology position paper on frailty in patients with heart failure.Eur J Heart Fail. 2019; 21: 1299-1305
- Heart failure diagnosis and prognosis in the elderly: the proof of the pudding is in the eating.Eur J Heart Fail. 2011; 13: 467-471
- Frailty in Cardiology: definition, assessment and clinical implications for general cardiology. A consensus document of the Council for Cardiology Practice (CCP), Association for Acute Cardio Vascular Care (ACVC), Association of Cardiovascular Nursing and Allied Professions (ACNAP), European Association of Preventive Cardiology (EAPC), European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA), Council on Valvular Heart Diseases (VHD), Council on Hypertension (CHT), Council of Cardio-Oncology (CCO), Working Group (WG) Aorta and Peripheral Vascular Diseases, WG e-Cardiology, WG Thrombosis, of the European Society of Cardiology, European Primary Care Cardiology Society (EPCCS).Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2022; 29: 216-227
- 2016 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure: the task force for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) developed with the special contribution of the Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC.Eur Heart J. 2016; 37: 2129-2200
- Cardiovascular Health Study Collaborative Research Group. Frailty in older adults: evidence for a phenotype.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2001; 56: M146-M156
- Recommendations of the geriatric cardiology section of the Spanish Society of Cardiology for the assessment of frailty in elderly patients with heart disease.Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2019; 72: 63-71
- Association between gait speed as a measure of frailty and risk of cardiovascular events after myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 61: 1964-1972
- 2021 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure: developed by the Task Force for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) With the special contribution of the Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC.Eur Heart J. 2021; 42 (Published correction appears in Eur Heart J. 2021;48:4901): 3599-3726
- Meta-Analysis Global Group in Chronic Heart Failure. Predicting survival in heart failure: a risk score based on 39 372 patients from 30 studies.Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 1404-1413
- Risk prediction in patients with heart failure: a systematic review and analysis.JACC Heart Fail. 2014; 2: 440-446
- FRAIL-HF, a study to evaluate the clinical complexity of heart failure in nondependent older patients: rationale, methods and baseline characteristics.Clin Cardiol. 2014; 37: 725-732
- Impact of geriatric assessment variables on 30-day mortality among older patients with acute heart failure.Emergencias. 2018; 30: 149-155
- The frailty syndrome and outcomes in the TOPCAT trial.Eur J Heart Fail. 2018; 20: 1570-1577
- Frailty and clinical outcomes in heart failure: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2018; 19 (e1): 1003-1008
- Impact of frailty on mortality and hospitalization in chronic heart failure: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Am Heart Assoc. 2018; 7e008251
- Frailty screening in chronic kidney disease: current perspectives.Int J Nephrol Renovasc Dis. 2019; 12: 229-239
- Impact of frailty on the risk of exacerbations and all-cause mortality in elderly patients with stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Clin Interv Aging. 2021; 16: 593-601
- The future of biomarker-guided therapy for heart failure after the guiding evidence-based therapy using biomarker intensified treatment in heart failure (GUIDE-IT) study.Curr Heart Fail Rep. 2018; 15: 37-43
- Frailty, guideline-directed medical therapy, and outcomes in HFrEF: From the GUIDE-IT trial.JACC Heart Fail. 2022; 10: 266-275
- Frailty syndrome: a transitional state in a dynamic process.Gerontology. 2009; 55: 539-549
- Randomized comparison of exercise intervention versus usual care in older adult patients with frailty after acute myocardial infarction.Am J Med. 2021; 134 (e2): 383-390
- Psychosocial factors, exercise adherence, and outcomes in heart failure patients: insights from heart failure: a controlled trial investigating outcomes of exercise training (HF-ACTION).Circ Heart Fail. 2015; 8: 1044-1051
- Physical rehabilitation for older patients hospitalized for heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2021; 385: 203-216
- Rehabilitation intervention in older patients with acute heart failure with preserved versus reduced ejection fraction.JACC Heart Fail. 2021; 9: 747-757
- Frailty predicts adverse outcomes in older people with diabetes.Practitioner. 2017; 261: 17-20
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Anna Mollar and Clara Bonanad contributed equally as first authors.
Funding: This work was supported in part by grants from CIBER CV grant (Madrid, Spain), 16/11/00420 and 16/11/00403; FEDER (Madrid, Spain), Instituto Carlos III (Carlos III Health Institute) grant (Madrid, Spain) FI12/00467 and PIE15/00013.
This work was funded by Instituto de Salud Carlos III (Madrid, Spain) and FEDER (Madrid, Spain) founds Exp. JR/21/00041.