Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 2019 AHA/ACC/HRS focused update of the 2014 AHA/ACC/HRS guideline for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Practice Guidelines and the Heart Rhythm Society.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 74: 104-132
- PROTECT AF Steering Committee and Investigators. Percutaneous left atrial appendage closure vs warfarin for atrial fibrillation: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2014; 312: 1988-1998
- EHRA/EAPCI expert consensus statement on catheter-based left atrial appendage occlusion – an update.EuroIntervention. 2020; 15: 1133-1180
- PRAGUE-17 Trial Investigators. 4-year outcomes After left atrial appendage closure Versus nonwarfarin oral anticoagulation for atrial fibrillation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2022; 79: 1-14
- Prospective randomized evaluation of the Watchman left atrial appendage closure device in patients with atrial fibrillation versus long-term warfarin therapy: The PREVAIL trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: 1-12
- The PRISMA extension statement for reporting of systematic reviews incorporating network meta-analyses of health care interventions: checklist and explanations.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 162: 777-784
- Graphical methods and numerical summaries for presenting results from multiple-treatment meta-analysis: an overview and tutorial.J Clin Epidemiol. 2011; 64: 163-171
Higgins JPT, Thomas J, Chandler J, Cumpston M, Li T, Page MJ, eds. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions version 6.2; 2021. Cochrane. Available at: http://www.training.cochrane.org/handbook. Accessed on March 15, 2021.
- R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing.R Foundation for Statistical Computing, 2021Accessed on June 25, 2021)
- Inference from iterative simulation using multiple sequences.Stat Sci. 1992; 7: 457-472
- RoB 2: a revised tool for assessing risk of bias in randomised trials.BMJ. 2019; 366: l4898
- Edoxaban versus vitamin K Antagonist for atrial fibrillation after TAVR.N Engl J Med. 2021; 385: 2150-2160
- AREST Investigators Early apixaban use following stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation: results of the AREST trial.Stroke. 2021; 52: 1164-1171
- Amplatzer Amulet left atrial appendage occluder versus watchman device for stroke prophylaxis (Amulet IDE): a randomized, controlled trial.Circulation. 2021; 144: 1543-1552
- MO123USE of rivaroxaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation and advanced chronic kidney disease*.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2021; 36
- Safety and Efficacy of vitamin K antagonists versus rivaroxaban in hemodialysis patients with atrial fibrillation: a multicenter randomized controlled trial.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2021; 32: 1474-1483
- Amulet or Watchman device for percutaneous left atrial appendage closure: primary results of the SWISS-APERO randomized clinical trial.Circulation. 2022; 145: 724-738
ClinicalTrials.gov. A dose response study of dabigatran etexilate (BIBR 1048) in pharmacodynamics and safety in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation in comparison to warfarin. Available at:https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjQn62A8db5AhVA1jgGHX5rCnkQFnoECAIQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fclinicaltrials.gov%2Fct2%2Fshow%2FNCT01136408&usg=AOvVaw0UKzJbk0ybWg5EUzyQI8cl. Accessed on June 10, 2021.
- PREVAIL and PROTECT AF Investigators. 5-year outcomes after left atrial appendage closure: from the PREVAIL and PROTECT AF trials.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 70: 2964-2975
- National trends in patients hospitalized for stroke and stroke mortality in France, 2008 to 2014.Stroke. 2017; 48: 2939-2945
- Bleeding outcomes after left atrial appendage closure compared with long-term warfarin: a pooled, patient-level analysis of the WATCHMAN randomized trial experience.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2015; 8: 1925-1932
- Left atrial appendage closure Versus oral anticoagulants in atrial fibrillation: a meta-analysis of randomized trials.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020; 76: 2795-2797
- Clinical outcomes associated With left atrial appendage occlusion Versus direct oral anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2021; 14: 69-78
- Over 1-year efficacy and safety of left atrial appendage occlusion versus novel oral anticoagulants for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials and observational studies.Heart Rhythm. 2016; 13: 1203-1214
- Comparison of Watchman device with new oral anti-coagulants in patients with atrial fibrillation: a network meta-analysis.Int J Cardiol. 2016; 205: 17-22
- Adherence and persistence to direct oral anticoagulants in atrial fibrillation: a population-based study.Heart. 2020; 106: 119-126
- Real-world adherence and persistence to direct oral anticoagulants in patients with atrial fibrillation: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2020; 13e005969
Kapadia SR. SurPASS analysis, national cardiovascular data registry (NCDR) left atrial appendage occlusion (LAAO) registry-late-breaking trial session at the cardiovascular research technologies (CRT). Available at: https://www.watchman.com/en-us-implanter/clinical-evidence/surpass.html. Accessed on April 26, 2022.
- Oral anticoagulants for prevention of stroke in atrial fibrillation: systematic review, network meta-analysis, and cost effectiveness analysis.BMJ. 2017; 359: j5058
Drs. Abdelfattah and Sayed contributed equally as first cojoined authors.