Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Targeting residual inflammatory risk: a shifting paradigm for atherosclerotic disease.Front Cardiovasc Med. 2019; 6: 16
- Clinical application of C-reactive protein for cardiovascular disease detection and prevention.Circulation. 2003; 107: 363-369
- Pravastatin or Atorvastatin Evaluation and Infection Therapy-Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction 22 (PROVE IT-TIMI 22) Investigators. C-reactive protein levels and outcomes after statin therapy.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 20-28
- Air Force/Texas Coronary Atherosclerosis Prevention Study Investigators. Measurement of C-reactive protein for the targeting of statin therapy in the primary prevention of acute coronary events.N Engl J Med. 2001; 344: 1959-1965
- Antiinflammatory therapy with canakinumab for atherosclerotic disease.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 1119-1131
- C-reactive protein, but not low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels, associate with coronary atheroma regression and cardiovascular events after maximally intensive statin therapy.Circulation. 2013; 128: 2395-2403
- Association of initial and serial C-reactive protein levels with adverse cardiovascular events and death after acute coronary syndrome: a secondary analysis of the VISTA-16 trial.JAMA Cardiol. 2019; 4: 314-320
- Assessment of the clinical effects of cholesteryl ester transfer protein inhibition with evacetrapib in patients at high-risk for vascular outcomes: rationale and design of the ACCELERATE trial.Am Heart J. 2015; 170: 1061-1069
- Evacetrapib and cardiovascular outcomes in high-risk vascular disease.N Engl J Med. 2017; 376: 1933-1942
- Evaluation of the association between the first observation and the longitudinal change in C-reactive protein, and all-cause mortality.Heart. 2008; 94: 457-462
- Six-year change in high-sensitivity C-reactive protein and risk of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and mortality.Am Heart J. 2015; 170: 380-389
- Three-year change in inflammatory markers in elderly people and mortality: the Invecchiare in Chianti study.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2007; 55: 1801-1807
- Longitudinal changes in adiponectin and inflammatory markers and relation to survival in the oldest old: the Cardiovascular Health Study All Stars study.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2011; 66: 1100-1107
- Long-term assessment of inflammation and healthy aging in late life: the Cardiovascular Health Study All Stars.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2012; 67: 970-976
- Reversal of Atherosclerosis with Aggressive Lipid Lowering (REVERSAL) Investigators. Statin therapy, LDL cholesterol, C-reactive protein, and coronary artery disease.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 29-38
- Relationship of C-reactive protein reduction to cardiovascular event reduction following treatment with canakinumab: a secondary analysis from the CANTOS randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2018; 391: 319-328
Drs. Dykun and Clark contributed equally to this work.
Dr. Dykun was supported by the German Research Foundation, Bonn, Germany, grant number DY149/2.