Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Wearable devices as facilitators, not drivers, of health behavior change.JAMA. 2015; 313: 459-460
Phaneuf A. Latest trends in medical monitoring devices and wearable health technology. Business Insider. Available at: https://www.businessinsider.com/wearable-technology-healthcare-medical-devices. Accessed on January 10, 2022.
Valen Cell. National wearables survey reveals accelerating convergence of consumer wearables and personal health & medical devices. Available at: https://valencell.com/press/2018/11/national-wearables-survey-reveals-accelerating-convergence-of-consumer-wearables-and-personal-health-medical-devices/. Accessed on January 31, 2022.
Ledger DM. Inside wearables part 1: how behavior change unlocks long-term engagement. Endeavour Partners. Available at: https://medium.com/@endeavourprtnrs/inside-wearable-how-the-science-of-human-behavior-change-offers-the-secret-to-long-term-engagement-a15b3c7d4cf3. Accessed on January 31, 2022.
- Is there a benefit to patients using wearable devices such as Fitbit or health apps on mobiles? A systematic review.Am J Med. 2019; 132 (e1): 1394-1400
- Electronic wearable device and physical activity among US adults: an analysis of 2019 HINTS data.Int J Med Inform. 2020; 144104297
- Healthcare wearable devices: an analysis of key factors for continuous use intention.Serv Bus. 2020; 14: 503-531
- EHR overtime: an analysis of time spent after hours by family physicians.Fam Med. 2020; 52: 135-137
Medicare program; revisions to payment policies under the physician fee schedule and other revisions to part B for CY 2019 Medicare shared savings program requirements; quality payment program; Medicaid promoting interoperability program; quality payment program-extreme and uncontrollable circumstance policy for the 2019 MIPS payment year; provisions From the Medicare Shared Savings Program-accountable care organizations-pathways to success; and expanding the use of telehealth services for the treatment of opioid use disorder Under the substance use disorder prevention that promotes opioid recovery and treatment (SUPPORT) for patients and communities act. Federal Register. Available at: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2019/03/15/2019-04803/medicare-program-revisions-to-payment-policies-under-the-physician-fee-schedule-and-other-revisions. Accessed on May 31, 2022.
- Electromagnetic interference in cardiac implantable electronic devices: is the use of smartphones safe?.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 69: 108-110
- Wearable sensors enable personalized predictions of clinical laboratory measurements.Nat Med. 2021; 27: 1105-1112
- Digital health and the care of the patient with arrhythmia: what every electrophysiologist needs to know.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2020; 13e007953
Global smart watch market report (2021 to 2030) - COVID-19 growth and change. Business Wire. Available at: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210526005524/en/Global-Smart-Watch-Market-Report-2021-to-2030–COVID-19-Growth-and-Change-ResearchAndMarkets.com. Accessed on January 31, 2022.
T4. Smartwatch market share. Available at: https://www.t4.ai/industry/smartwatch-market-share. Accessed on January 18, 2022.
Food and Drug Administration. Digital Health Center of Excellence. Available at: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/digital-health-center-excellence. Accessed on February 12, 2022.
Apple. Using Apple Watch for arrhythmia detection. Available at: https://www.apple.com/healthcare/docs/site/Apple_Watch_Arrhythmia_Detection.pdf. Accessed on September 13, 2021.
Food and Drug Administration. De novo classification request for ECG app. Available at: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/reviews/DEN180044.pdf. Accessed on September 13, 2021.
- Apple Heart Study Investigators. Large-scale assessment of a smartwatch to identify atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 1909-1917
Savvides L. How the Apple Watch Series 6 compares to the Fitbit Sense: 5 main takeaways. CNET. Available at: https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/how-the-apple-watch-series-6-compares-to-the-fitbit-sense-5-main-takeaways.Accessed on February 12, 2022.
O'Riordan M. FDA, EU clear Fitbit ECG to detect atrial fibrillation. tctmd. Available at: https://www.tctmd.com/news/fda-eu-clear-fitbit-ecg-detect-atrial-fibrillation. Accessed on September 13, 2021.
Google. New Fitbit feature makes AFib detection more accessible. Available at: https://blog.google/products/fitbit/irregular-heart-rhythm-notifications. Accessed on May 23, 2022.
American Heart Association. Novel algorithm on wearable devices can detect irregular heartbeat, may prompt early care. Available at: https://newsroom.heart.org/news/novel-algorithm-on-wearable-devices-can-detect-irregular-heartbeat-may-prompt-early-care. Accessed on May 23, 2022.
Food and Drug Administration. FDA Samsung ECG monitor App. Available at: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf20/K201168.pdf. Accessed on September 13, 2021.
Samsung. FDA-cleared electrocardiogram monitor app is available in the US starting today on Galaxy Watch3 and Galaxy watch Active2. Available at: https://news.samsung.com/global/fda-cleared-electrocardiogram-monitor-app-is-available-in-the-us-starting-today-on-galaxy-watch3-and-galaxy-watch-active2. Accessed on February 12, 2022.
- Health wearables: ensuring fairness, preventing discrimination, and promoting equity in an emerging Internet-of-things environment.J Inf Policy. 2018; 8: 34-77
Farr C. Apple and Aetna are teaming up on a new app to help track and reward healthy behavior. CNBC. Available at: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/28/apple-aetna-team-up-on-attain-health-tracking-app.html. Accessed on May 31, 2022.
- Health insurance and mobile health devices: opportunities and concerns.JAMA. 2019; 321: 1767-1768
- Mobile devices and health.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 956-968
- Limiting racial disparities and bias for wearable devices in health science research.Sleep. 2020; 43: 1-3
- Influence of skin type and wavelength on light wave reflectance.J Clin Monit Comput. 2013; 27: 313-317
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Drs. Lima and Kadiyala contributed equally to this study.