Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Relative hyperglycemia, a marker of critical illness: introducing the stress hyperglycemia ratio.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015; 100: 4490-4497
- Metabolic mechanisms of stress hyperglycemia.JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2006; 30: 157-163
- Prognostic impact of baseline glucose levels in acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock—a substudy of the IABP-SHOCK II-trial [corrected].Clin Res Cardiol. 2018; 107: 517-523
- Van den Berghe G. Metabolic, endocrine, and immune effects of stress hyperglycemia in a rabbit model of prolonged critical illness.Endocrinology. 2003; 144: 5329-5338
- Stress hyperglycaemia and increased risk of death after myocardial infarction in patients with and without diabetes: a systematic overview.Lancet. 2000; 355: 773-778
- Prognostic value of admission blood glucose level in patients with and without diabetes mellitus who sustain ST segment elevation myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock.Crit Care. 2013; 17: R218
- Association between elevated blood glucose level on admission and long-term mortality in patients with acute decompensated heart failure.J Cardiol. 2017; 69: 619-624
- Prognostic value of admission blood glucose level in critically ill patients admitted to cardiac intensive care unit according to the presence or absence of diabetes mellitus.J Korean Med Sci. 2019; 34: e70
- Clinical characteristics and predictors of in-hospital mortality in patients with cardiogenic shock: results from the RESCUE registry.Circ Heart Fail. 2021; 14e008141
- Prevalence and risks of hyperglycaemia and undiagnosed diabetes in patients with acute myocardial infarction.Lancet. 1984; 1: 1264-1267
- Prognostic importance of hyperglycaemia induced by stress after acute myocardial infarction.Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 1984; 288: 288
- Differential prognostic implications of vasoactive inotropic score for patients with acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock according to use of mechanical circulatory support.Crit Care Med. 2021; 49: 770-780
- Comparison of in-hospital outcomes of patients with vs. without ischaemic cardiomyopathy undergoing veno-arterial-extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.ESC Heart Fail. 2021; 8: 3308-3315
- Glucose management in critically ill adults and children.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2015; 3: 723-733
- Prognosis of critically-ill patients with acute renal failure: APACHE II score and other predictive factors.Q J Med. 1989; 72: 857-866
- Dysglycaemia in the critically ill - significance and management.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2013; 15: 792-801
- The association of admission blood glucose level with the clinical picture and prognosis in cardiogenic shock - results from the CardShock study.Int J Cardiol. 2017; 226: 48-52
- Beijing Heart and Metabolism Survey Study Group. Association of dysglycemia and all-cause mortality across the spectrum of coronary artery disease.Mayo Clin Proc. 2013; 88: 930-941
- Hyperglycemia drives stent restenosis in STEMI patients.Diabetes Care. 2021; 44: e192-e193
- Fasting hyperglycemia and long-term outcome in patients with acute ischemic stroke treated with mechanical thrombectomy.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2020; 29104774
- Stress hyperglycemia and outcome of non-diabetic patients after acute ischemic stroke.Front Neurol. 2019; 10: 1003
- The roles of hyperglycaemia and oxidative stress in the rise and collapse of the natural protective mechanism against vascular endothelial cell dysfunction in diabetes.Arch Physiol Biochem. 2007; 113: 259-267
- Proposal of a new approach to study and categorize stress hyperglycemia in acute myocardial infarction.J Emerg Med. 2016; 51: 31-36
- Impact of hyperglycemia in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention: the HORIZONS-AMI trial.Int J Cardiol. 2013; 167: 2572-2579
- The effect of intensive treatment of diabetes on the development and progression of long-term complications in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.N Engl J Med. 1993; 329: 977-986
- Pharmacological treatment of hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetes.J Clin Invest. 2021; 131e142243
Drs. Choi and Yoon contributed equally to this manuscript.
This work was supported by an Inha University Research Grant (Incheon, Korea).