Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Secular trends in incidence and mortality of acute venous thromboembolism: the AB-VTE population-based study.Am J Med. 2016; 129 (e19–879.e8): 879
- Age-sex specific pulmonary embolism-related mortality in the USA and Canada, 2000–18: an analysis of the WHO Mortality Database and of the CDC Multiple Cause of Death database.Lancet Respir Med. 2021; 9: 33-42
- Changes in treatment and outcomes after creation of a pulmonary embolism response team (PERT), a 10-year analysis.J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2019; 47: 31-40
- Nineteen-year trends in mortality of patients hospitalized in the United States with high-risk pulmonary embolism.Am J Med. 2021; 134: 1260-1264
- Interventional treatment of pulmonary embolism.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2017; 10e004345
- Catheter-directed therapy for acute pulmonary embolism: navigating gaps in the evidence.Eur Heart J Suppl. 2019; 21: I23-I30
- Meta-analysis of catheter directed ultrasound-assisted thrombolysis in pulmonary embolism.Am J Cardiol. 2019; 124: 1470-1477
- Endovascular treatment of pulmonary embolism: selective review of available techniques.World J Radiol. 2017; 9: 426-437
- Comorbidity measures for use with administrative data.Med Care. 1998; 36: 8-27
- Adherence to methodological standards in research using the national inpatient sample.JAMA. 2017; 318: 2011-2018
- Using the HCUP nationwide inpatient sample to estimate trends (updated for 1988–2004).HCUP Method Ser Rep. 2006; 5
- Impact of multidisciplinary pulmonary embolism response team availability on management and outcomes.Am J Cardiol. 2019; 124: 1465-1469
- ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of acute pulmonary embolism developed in collaboration with the European Respiratory Society (ERS).Eur Heart J. 2020; 41: 543-603
- Interventional therapies for acute pulmonary embolism: current status and principles for the development of novel evidence: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2019; 140: e774-e801
- Catheter directed interventions for pulmonary embolism: current status and future prospects.Expert Rev Med Devices. 2020; 17: 103-110
- Randomized, controlled trial of ultrasound-assisted catheter-directed thrombolysis for acute intermediate-risk pulmonary embolism.Circulation. 2014; 129: 479-486
- SEATTLE II Investigators. A prospective, single-arm, multicenter trial of ultrasound-facilitated, catheter-directed, low-dose fibrinolysis for acute massive and submassive pulmonary embolism: the SEATTLE II study.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2015; 8: 1382-1392
- Antithrombotic therapy for VTE disease: CHEST guideline and expert panel report.Chest. 2016; 149: 315-352
- American Society of Hematology 2020 guidelines for management of venous thromboembolism: treatment of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.Blood Adv. 2020; 4: 4693-4738
- Utilization of catheter-directed thrombolysis in pulmonary embolism and outcome difference between systemic thrombolysis and catheter-directed thrombolysis.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2015; 86: 1219-1227
- Utilization and outcomes of thrombolytic therapy for acute pulmonary embolism: a nationwide cohort study.Chest. 2020; 157: 645-653
- Nationwide trends in use of catheter-directed therapy for treatment of pulmonary embolism in Medicare beneficiaries from 2004 to 2016.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2019; 30: 801-806
Food and Drug Administration of the United States. K181694. Trade/Device Name: FlowTriever Retrieval/Aspiration System. Available at: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf18/K181694.pdf. Accessed on January 2, 2021.
Food and Drug Administration of the United States. K192833. Trade/Device Name: Indigo Aspiration System. Available at: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf19/K192833.pdf. Accessed on January 2, 2021.
- National outcomes of surgical embolectomy for acute pulmonary embolism.Ann Thorac Surg. 2020; 110: 441-447
- A randomized trial of the optimum duration of acoustic pulse thrombolysis procedure in acute intermediate-risk pulmonary embolism: the OPTALYSE PE trial.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2018; 11: 1401-1410
Drs. Sedhom and Megaly contributed equally to this manuscript.