Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Committee and stroke statistics subcommittee heart disease and stroke statistics—2021 update: a report From the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2021; 143: e254-e743
- Cardiovascular, mortality, and kidney outcomes with GLP-1 receptor agonists in patients with type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis of cardiovascular outcome trials.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2019; 7 ([published correction appears in Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol 2020;8:e2]): 776-785
- 10. Cardiovascular disease and risk management: standards of medical care in diabetes—2019.Diabetes Care. 2018; 42: S103-S123
- 9. Pharmacologic approaches to glycemic treatment: standards of medical care in diabetes—2022.Diabetes Care. 2021; 45: S125-S143
- Racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic inequities in glucagon-like Peptide-1 receptor agonist use among patients with diabetes in the US.JAMA Health Forum. 2021; 2e214182
- Use of guideline-recommended risk reduction strategies among patients with diabetes and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.Circulation. 2019; 140: 618-620
- Correlates of SGLT-2-inhibitiors use among patients with atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes mellitus: insights from the Department of Veterans Affairs.Am Heart J. 2021; (])https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ahj.2021.12.006
- SUN-149 Cardiologist vs. endocrinologist Encounters in Patients with T2D and CVD: potential Implications for Glucose-Lowering Therapy Use and Education.J Endocr Soc. 2019; 3: SUN-149
- Incorporating SGLT2i and GLP-1RA for cardiovascular and kidney disease risk reduction: call for action to the Cardiology Community.Circulation. 2021; 144: 74-84
- Diabetes management in chronic kidney disease: synopsis of the 2020 KDIGO clinical practice guideline.Ann Intern Med. 2021; 174: 385-394
- Effects of GLP-1 on appetite and weight.Rev Endocr Metab Disord. 2014; 15: 181-187
Mahtta D, Ramsey DJ, Lee MT, Chen L, Al Rifai M, Akeroyd JM, Vaughan EM, Matheny ME, Santo KRDE, Navaneethan SD, Lavie CJ, Birnbaum Y, Ballantyne CM, Petersen LA, Virani SS. Utilization Rates of SGLT2 Inhibitors and GLP-1 Receptor Agonists and Their Facility-Level Variation Among Patients With Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease and Type 2 Diabetes: Insights From the Department of Veterans Affairs. Diabetes Care. 2022 Feb 1;45(2):372-380. doi: 10.2337/dc21-1815. PMID: 35015080.
This work was supported by Department of Veterans Affairs Health Services Research & Development (Washington, DC) Service Investigator Initiated grants IIR 16–072, IIR 19-069 and the Houston, Virginia Health Services Research & Development Center for Innovations (Washington, DC) grant CIN13-413. Support for Veterans Affairs/Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services data provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs, VA Health Services Research and Development Service, VA Information Resource Center (Washington, DC) (project numbers SDR 02-237 and 98-004). Other sources included K23DK110341 and R01DK129474 (Dr. Vaughan).