Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Complementary, Alternative, or Integrative Health: What's in a Name? 2021. Available at: https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/complementary-alternative-or-integrative-health-whats-in-a-name. Accessed Nov 1, 2021.
- Use of complementary therapies in cardiovascular disease.Am J Cardiol. 2013; 111: 339-345
- Meditation and cardiovascular risk reduction: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.J Am Heart Assoc. 2017; 6e002218
- Role of stress and psychosocial determinants on women's cardiovascular risk and disease development.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2019; 28: 483-489
- Conventional and complementary healthcare utilization among US adults with cardiovascular disease or cardiovascular risk factors: a nationally representative survey.J Am Heart Assoc. 2020; 9e014759
- Use of yoga, meditation, and chiropractors among US adults aged 18 and over.NCHS Data Brief. 2018; : 1-8
- Meditation and cardiovascular health in the US.Am J Cardiol. 2020; 131: 23-26
- Meditation and blood pressure: a meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials.J Hypertens. 2017; 35: 696-706
- Yoga-CaRe Trial Investigators. Yoga-based cardiac rehabilitation after acute myocardial infarction: a randomized trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020; 75: 1551-1561
- Psychological health, well-being, and the mind-heart-body connection: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2021; 143: e763-e783
- ACC's Heart Failure and Transplant Section and Leadership Council. Cardiac rehabilitation for patients with heart failure: JACC Expert Panel.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2021; 77: 1454-1469
- Cardiovascular impact of nutritional supplementation with omega-3 fatty acids: JACC focus seminar.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2021; 77: 593-608
- Marine omega-3 supplementation and cardiovascular disease: an updated meta-analysis of 13 randomized controlled trials involving 127 477 participants.J Am Heart Assoc. 2019; 8e013543
- Cardiovascular risk reduction with icosapent ethyl for hypertriglyceridemia.N Engl J Med. 2019; 380: 11-22
- MRC/BHF Heart Protection Study of antioxidant vitamin supplementation in 20,536 high-risk individuals: a randomised placebo-controlled trial.Lancet. 2002; 360: 23-33
- A randomized factorial trial of vitamins C and E and beta carotene in the secondary prevention of cardiovascular events in women: results from the Women's Antioxidant Cardiovascular Study.Arch Intern Med. 2007; 167: 1610-1618
- Effect of folic acid and B vitamins on risk of cardiovascular events and total mortality in women at high risk for cardiovascular disease: a randomized trial.JAMA. 2008; 299: 2027-2036
- Effects of homocysteine-lowering with folic acid plus vitamin B12 vs placebo on mortality and major morbidity in myocardial infarction survivors: a randomized trial.JAMA. 2010; 303: 2486-2494
- Coenzyme Q10 for patients with cardiovascular disease: JACC Focus Seminar.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2021; 77: 609-619
- Herbal medications in cardiovascular medicine.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 69: 1188-1199
- Disclosure of complementary medicine use to medical providers: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Sci Rep. 2019; 9: 1573
- Improving usability of electronic health records for whole systems integrative medicine practitioners.J Altern Complement Med. 2019; 25: S17-S18
- Electronic health records in complementary and alternative medicine.Int J Med Inform. 2008; 77: 576-588
Drs. Kavita Prasad and Abhiram Prasad contributed equally to this manuscript.
This work was made possible, in part, because of the support of the HEAD Foundation in Singapore.