Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Association between transcatheter aortic valve replacement and early postprocedural stroke.JAMA. 2019; 321: 2306-2315
- Impact of short-term complications of TAVR on longer-term outcomes: results from the STS/ACC transcatheter valve therapy registry.Eur Heart J Qual Care Clin Outcomes. 2020; 7: 208-213
- STS-ACC TVT registry of transcatheter aortic valve replacement.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020; 76: 2492-2516
- Incidence, and outcomes of patients undergoing transfemoral transcatheter aortic valve implantation complicated by stroke.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2019; 12e007546
- Insights into timing, risk factors, and outcomes of stroke and transient ischemic attack after transcatheter aortic valve replacement in the PARTNER trial (Placement of Aortic Transcatheter Valves).Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2016; 9e002981
- The role of cerebral embolic protection devices during transcatheter aortic valve replacement.Front Cardiovasc Med. 2018; 5: 150
- Incidence and predictors of debris embolizing to the brain during transcatheter aortic valve implantation.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2015; 8: 718-724
- Protection against cerebral embolism during transcatheter aortic valve replacement.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 69: 367-377
- Cerebral embolic protection during transcatheter aortic valve replacement significantly reduces death and stroke compared with unprotected procedures.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2017; 10: 2297-2303
- Early experience with cerebral embolic protection during transcatheter aortic valve replacement in the United States.JAMA Intern Med. 2020; 180: 783-784
- Ischemic stroke with cerebral protection system during transcatheter aortic valve replacement.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2020; 13: 2149-2155
De Novo Summary (DEN160043) - De Novo Classification Request for Sentinel® Cerebral Protection System. U.S. Food and Drug Administration, 2017. Available at: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/reviews/DEN160043.pdf. Accessed on January 6, 2021.
- Accuracy of electronic health record data for identifying stroke cases in large-scale epidemiological studies: a systematic review from the UK Biobank Stroke Outcomes Group.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0140533
- Validity of diagnostic codes for acute stroke in administrative databases: a systematic review.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0135834
- Coding of stroke and stroke risk factors using international classification of diseases, revisions 9 and 10.Stroke. 2005; 36: 1776-1781
- Performance of ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes for identifying acute ischemic stroke in a national health insurance claims database.Clin Epidemiol. 2020; 12: 1007-1013
- Comparison of clinical trials and administrative claims to identify stroke among patients undergoing aortic valve replacement: findings from the EXTEND study.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2019; 12e008231
Yoon F, Sheng M, Jiang HJ, Steiner CA, Barrett ML. Calculating Nationwide Readmissions Database (NRD) Variances. HCUP Methods Series Report # 2017-01. Rockville, MD: U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2017. June 1, 2021.
- Overlap weighting: a propensity score method that mimics attributes of a randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2020; 323: 2417-2418
- Effect of a cerebral protection device on brain lesions following transcatheter aortic valve implantation in patients with severe aortic stenosis: The CLEAN-TAVI randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2016; 316: 592-601
- Filter-based cerebral embolic protection with transcatheter aortic valve implantation: the randomized MISTRAL-C trial.EuroIntervention. 2016; 12: 499-507
- Routine use of embolic protection during transcatheter aortic valve replacement.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2017; 10: 2304-2306
- Rate of peri-procedural stroke observed with cerebral embolic protection during transcatheter aortic valve replacement: a patient-level propensity-matched analysis.Eur Heart J. 2019; 40: 1334-1340
- Cerebral embolic protection and outcomes of transcatheter aortic valve replacement: results from the TVT registry.Circulation. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.120.052874
- Randomized evaluation of TriGuard 3 cerebral embolic protection after transcatheter aortic valve replacement: REFLECT II.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2021; 14: 515-527
NCT04149535 - PROTECTED TAVR: Stroke PROTECTion With SEntinel During Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (PROTECTED TAVR). ClinicalTrials.gov, 2019. Available at: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04149535. Accessed on January 6, 2021.
ISRCTN16665769 - British Heart Foundation Randomised Trial of Routine Cerebral Embolic Protection in Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (BHF PROTECT-TAVI). International Standard Randomised Controlled Trial Number (ISRCTN), 2020. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1186/ISRCTN16665769. Accessed on January 6, 2021.
Source of Funding: None