- •Atrial fibrillation / Atrial fibrillation flutter incidence and mortality rate has increased in the United States.
- •The greatest incidence rates for men in 2017 were clustered in the New England region.
- •An inflection point in year 2001 is notable for increased incidence and mortality rates for both genders across most states.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Impact of atrial fibrillation on the risk of death: the Framingham Heart Study.Circulation. 1998; 98: 946-952
- Prevalence, incidence, prognosis, and predisposing conditions for atrial fibrillation: population-based estimates.Am J Cardiol. 1998; 82: 2n-9n
- Independent risk factors for atrial fibrillation in a population-based cohort. The Framingham Heart Study.Jama. 1994; 271: 840-844
- Incidence of and risk factors for atrial fibrillation in older adults.Circulation. 1997; 96: 2455-2461
- Echocardiographic predictors of nonrheumatic atrial fibrillation. The Framingham Heart Study.Circulation. 1994; 89: 724-730
- Inflammation as a risk factor for atrial fibrillation.Circulation. 2003; 108: 3006-3010
- Proteomics profiling and risk of new-onset atrial fibrillation: framingham heart study.J Am Heart Assoc. 2019; 8e010976
- Genetic predisposition, clinical risk factor burden, and lifetime risk of atrial fibrillation.Circulation. 2018; 137: 1027-1038
- Automated and manual measurements of the aortic annulus with ECG-Gated Cardiac CT angiography prior to transcatheter aortic valve replacement: comparison with 3D-transesophageal echocardiography.Acad Radiol. 2017; 24: 587-593
- Estimates of current and future incidence and prevalence of atrial fibrillation in the U.S. adult population.Am J Cardiol. 2013; 112: 1142-1147
- Long-term outcome of percutaneous coronary intervention for chronic total occlusions.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2011; 4: 952-961
- Estimation of total incremental health care costs in patients with atrial fibrillation in the United States.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2011; 4: 313-320
- Trends in mortality from ischemic heart disease and cerebrovascular disease in Europe: 1980 to 2009.Circulation. 2016; 133: 1916-1926
- Secular trends in incidence of atrial fibrillation in olmsted county, Minnesota, 1980 to 2000, and implications on the projections for future prevalence.Circulation. 2006; 114: 119-125
- Outcomes of Medicare beneficiaries undergoing catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation.Circulation. 2012; 126: 2200-2207
- Decade-long trends in atrial fibrillation incidence and survival: a community study.Am J Med. 2015; 128 (260–267)
- Worldwide epidemiology of atrial fibrillation: a Global Burden of Disease 2010 Study.Circulation. 2014; 129: 837-847
- 50 year trends in atrial fibrillation prevalence, incidence, risk factors, and mortality in the Framingham Heart Study: a cohort study.Lancet. 2015; 386: 154-162
- Mortality trends in patients diagnosed with first atrial fibrillation: a 21-year community-based study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007; 49: 986-992
- Trends in incidence and mortality in the hospital diagnosis of atrial fibrillation or flutter in Denmark, 1980-1999.Int J Cardiol. 2005; 103: 78-84
- Trend in mortality after stroke with atrial fibrillation.Am J Med. 2007; 120: 47-53
- Predictors of warfarin use in atrial fibrillation in the United States: a systematic review and meta-analysis.BMC Fam Pract. 2012; 13: 5
- Oral anticoagulant therapy prescription in patients with atrial fibrillation across the spectrum of stroke risk: insights from the NCDR PINNACLE registry.JAMA Cardiol. 2016; 1: 55-62
- Atrial fibrillation as a risk factor for stroke recurrence.Am J Med. 2003; 114: 206-210
- Inherent X-Linked genetic variability and cellular mosaicism unique to females contribute to sex-related differences in the innate immune response.Front Immunol. 2017; 8: 1455https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2017.01455
- Sex gap in aging and longevity: can sex chromosomes play a role?.Biology Sex Diff. 2018; 9: 33
Funding: No funding has been provided.
Disclosures: No disclosures to declare.