- •LVEDP measurement is readily available at the end of TAVI procedure.
- •It allows independent prediction of clinical outcomes.
- •The use of after-procedural LVEDP as a guide for after-procedural management, such as use of loop diuretics and renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system inhibitors, should be evaluated in future prospective trails.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Left ventricular end-diastolic pressure in evaluating left ventricular function.Clin Cardiol. 1981; 4: 28-33
- Relationship of left ventricular end-diastolic pressure with extent of myocardial ischemia, myocardial salvage and long-term outcome in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2019; 93: 901-909
- Prognostic utility of left ventricular end-diastolic pressure in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention.Am J Cardiol. 2011; 108: 1068-1074
- Haemodynamic-guided fluid administration for the prevention of contrast-induced acute kidney injury: the POSEIDON randomised controlled trial.Lancet Lond Engl. 2014; 383: 1814-1823
- TAVI or No TAVI: identifying patients unlikely to benefit from transcatheter aortic valve implantation.Eur Heart J. 2016; 37: 2217-2225
- Inadequacy of existing clinical prediction models for predicting mortality after transcatheter aortic valve implantation.Am Heart J. 2017; 184: 97-105
- Invasive hemodynamic staging classification of cardiac damage in patients with aortic stenosis undergoing valve replacement.Can J Cardio. 2020; 36: 1667-1674
- Impact of right ventricular dysfunction and tricuspid regurgitation on outcomes in patients undergoing transcatheter aortic valve replacement.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2017; 30: 36-46
- Red blood cell distribution width as a prognostic factor in patients undergoing transcatheter aortic valve implantation.J Cardiol. 2019; 74: 212-216
- Assessment of paravalvular regurgitation following TAVR: A proposal of unifying grading scheme.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015; 8: 340-360
- Updated standardized endpoint definitions for transcatheter aortic valve implantation: the Valve Academic Research Consortium-2 consensus document.Eur Heart J. 2012; 33: 2403-2418
- Cardiac catheterization.Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 11th ed. Elsevier/Saunders, Philadelphia, PA2018: 358-360
- Relationship of the pulmonary artery end-diastolic pressure to the left ventricular end-diastolic and mean filling pressures in patients with and without left ventricular dysfunction.Circulation. 1970; 42: 65-73
- Hemodynamic rounds series II: the LVEDP.Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn. 1998; 44: 70-74
- Recommendations for chamber quantification.Eur J Echocardiogr J Work Group Echocardiogr Eur Soc Cardiol. 2006; 7: 79-108
- Guidelines for the echocardiographic assessment of the right heart in adults: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography endorsed by the European Association of Echocardiography, a registered branch of the European Society of Cardiology, and the Canadian Society of Echocardiography.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2010; 23 (quiz 786–788): 685-713
- Recommendations for the evaluation of left ventricular diastolic function by echocardiography: An update from the American Society of Echocardiography and the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2016; 29: 277-314
- The impact of coronary sinus narrowing on diastolic function in patients with refractory angina.Int J Cardiol. 2019; 291: 8-12
- The role and clinical implications of diastolic dysfunction in aortic stenosis.Heart Br Card Soc. 2017; 103: 1481-1487
- Prognostic value of E/E’ ratio in patients with unoperated severe aortic stenosis.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2010; 3: 899-907
- Influence of collagen network on left ventricular systolic and diastolic function in aortic valve disease.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1993; 22: 1477-1484
- Diastolic stiffness and myocardial structure in aortic valve disease before and after valve replacement.Circulation. 1984; 69: 855-865
- Progression from compensated hypertrophy to failure in the pressure-overloaded human heart: structural deterioration and compensatory mechanisms.Circulation. 2003; 107: 984-991
Anon. Evaluation of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement Compared to SurveilLance for Patients With AsYmptomatic Severe Aortic Stenosis (EARLY TAVR). Available at https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT03042104 Accessed March 1, 2020.
- Severe aortic stenosis with preserved ejection fraction and evidence of impairment in structure, myocardial strain and ventricular function: a new contribution to clinical decision making.Cardiol J. 2015; 22: 613-621
- Left ventricular end-diastolic pressure as an independent predictor of outcome during balloon aortic valvuloplasty.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv Off J Soc Card Angiogr Interv. 2014; 83: 782-788
- Left ventricular stiffness predicts outcome in patients with severe aortic stenosis undergoing transcatheter aortic valve implantation.Echocardiography. 2017; 34: 6-13
- Doppler echocardiography for the estimation of LV filling pressure in patients with mitral annular calcification.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017; 10: 1411-1420
- Cardiac fibrosis in patients with atrial fibrillation: mechanisms and clinical implications.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 66: 943-959
Funding sources: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.