- •Type 2 myocardial infarction patients benefit from prophylactic defibrillator.
- •Type 1 and type 2 MI patients implanted with an ICD have similar outcomes.
- •Appropriate therapies occur even more often in type 2 than in type 1 MI patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Improved survival with an implanted defibrillator in patients with coronary disease at high risk for ventricular arrhythmia.N Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 1933-1940
- Amiodarone or an implantable cardioverter–defibrillator for congestive heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 225-237
- Prophylactic implantation of a defibrillator in patients with myocardial infarction and reduced ejection fraction.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 877-883
- An extended 8-year follow-up study of the Multicenter Automatic Defibrillator Implantation Trial II.Circulation. 2010; 122: 1265-1271
- Prophylactic use of an implantable cardioverter–defibrillator after acute myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 2481-2488
- Defibrillator implantation early after myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1427-1436
- 2015 ESC Guidelines for the management of patients with ventricular arrhythmias and the prevention of sudden cardiac death: the task force for the management of patients with ventricular arrhythmias and the prevention of sudden cardiac death of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Endorsed by: Association for European Paediatric and Congenital Cardiology (AEPC).Europace. 2015; 17: 1601-1687
- Fourth Universal Definition of Myocardial Infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018; 72: 2231-2264
- Discrimination of patients with type 2 myocardial infarction.Eur Heart J. 2017; 38: 3514-3520
- Supply/demand type 2 myocardial infarction: should we be paying more attention.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 2079-2087
- Very high rate programming in primary prevention patients with reduced ejection fraction implanted with a defibrillator: results from a large multicenter controlled study.Heart Rhythm. 2017; 14: 211-217
- Long-term follow-up on high-rate cut-off programming for implantable cardioverter defibrillators in primary prevention patients with left ventricular systolic dysfunction.Europace. 2012; 14: 968-974
- 2017 ESC Guidelines for the management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with ST-segment elevation.Eur Heart J. 2018; 39: 119-177
- Clinical recommendations for cardiovascular magnetic resonance mapping of T1, T2, T2* and extracellular volume: a consensus statement by the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (SCMR) endorsed by the European Association for Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI).J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2017; 19: 75
- Nonobstructive coronary artery disease and risk of myocardial infarction.JAMA. 2014; 312: 1754-1763
- Coronary microvascular disease in humans.Jpn Heart J. 1999; 40: 97-108
- Coronary microcirculation in ischemic heart disease.Curr Pharm Des. 2018; 24: 2893-2899
- Defibrillator implantation in patients with nonischemic systolic heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 1221-1230