Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Acute noncardiovascular illness in the cardiac intensive care unit.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 69: 1999-2007
- Invasive mechanical ventilation in acute coronary syndromes in the era of percutaneous coronary intervention.Eur Heart J Acute Cardiovasc Care. 2013; 2: 109-117
- Incidence and prognostic impact of respiratory support in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction.Am J Cardiol. 2017; 119: 171-177
- Acute decompensated heart failure complicated by respiratory failure.Circ Heart Fail. 2019; 12e006013
- Changes in primary noncardiac diagnoses over time among elderly cardiac intensive care unit patients in the United States.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2017; 10e003616
Overview of the National (Nationwide) Inpatient Sample (NIS). 2018; https://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/nisoverview.jsp. Accessed 2018, June 25.
- Variation in hospital use and outcomes associated with pulmonary artery catheterization in heart failure in the United States.Circ Heart Fail. 2016; 9 (pii)e003226
- The epidemiology of mechanical ventilation use in the United States.Crit Care Med. 2010; 38: 1947-1953
- Comparison of the Elixhauser and Charlson/Deyo methods of comorbidity measurement in administrative data.Med Care. 2004; 42: 355-360
- Comorbidity measures for use with administrative data.Med Care. 1998; 36: 8-27
US Bureau of Labor Statistics. CPI inflation calculator 2018; http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm., 2018, June 25.
- Noninvasive ventilation in acute cardiogenic pulmonary edema.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 142-151
- Characteristics of hospitalizations for heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.Am J Med. 2016; 129 (635 e615-626)
- National trends in the use of cardiac resynchronization therapy with or without implantable cardioverter-defibrillator.Circulation. 2016; 133: 273-281
- National and regional trends in heart failure hospitalization and mortality rates for Medicare beneficiaries, 1998-2008.JAMA. 2011; 306: 1669-1678
- Characteristics and outcomes of patients hospitalized for heart failure in the United States: rationale, design, and preliminary observations from the first 100,000 cases in the Acute Decompensated Heart Failure National Registry (ADHERE).Am Heart J. 2005; 149: 209-216
- EuroHeart Failure Survey II (EHFS II): a survey on hospitalized acute heart failure patients: description of population.Eur Heart J. 2006; 27: 2725-2736
- Randomised controlled trial of continuous positive airway pressure and standard oxygen therapy in acute pulmonary oedema; effects on plasma brain natriuretic peptide concentrations.Eur Heart J. 2002; 23: 1379-1386
- Noninvasive ventilation in acute cardiogenic pulmonary edema: systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA. 2005; 294: 3124-3130
- Effect of non-invasive positive pressure ventilation (NIPPV) on mortality in patients with acute cardiogenic pulmonary oedema: a meta-analysis.Lancet. 2006; 367: 1155-1163
- Non-invasive positive pressure ventilation (CPAP or bilevel NPPV) for cardiogenic pulmonary oedema.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013; CD005351
- Meta-analysis: noninvasive ventilation in acute cardiogenic pulmonary edema.Ann Intern Med. 2010; 152: 590-600
- 2016 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure: the task force for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed with the special contribution of the Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC.Eur Heart J. 2016; 37: 2129-2200
- 2013 ACCF/AHA guideline for the management of heart failure: executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on practice guidelines.Circulation. 2013; 128: 1810-1852
- Positive pressure ventilation in the cardiac intensive care unit.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018; 72: 1532-1553
- Characteristics and outcomes in adult patients receiving mechanical ventilation: a 28-day international study.JAMA. 2002; 287: 345-355
- Outcomes associated with invasive and noninvasive ventilation among patients hospitalized with exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.JAMA Intern Med. 2014; 174: 1982-1993
- Trends in noncardiovascular comorbidities among patients hospitalized for heart failure: insights from the get with the guidelines-heart failure registry.Circ Heart Fail. 2018; 11e004646
- Accuracy of a heart failure diagnosis in administrative registers.Eur J Heart Fail. 2008; 10: 658-660