Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Red blood cell distribution width: a simple parameter with multiple clinical applications.Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci. 2015; 52: 86-105
- Red cell distribution width and common disease onsets in 240,477 healthy volunteers followed for up to 9 years.PLoS One. 2018; 13e0203504
- Red blood cell distribution width and the risk of death in middle-aged and older adults.Arch Intern Med. 2009; 169: 515-523
- Red blood cell distribution width and cardiovascular diseases.J Thorac Dis. 2015; 7: E402-E411
- Clinical usefulness of measuring red blood cell distribution width on admission in patients with acute coronary syndromes.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2009; 47: 353-357
- The role of red blood cell distribution width in cardiovascular and thrombotic disorders.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2011; 50: 635-641
- Red blood cell distribution width in heart failure: a narrative review.World J Cardiol. 2018; 10: 6-14
- Elevated levels of RDW is associated with non-valvular atrial fibrillation.J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2014; 37: 404-410
- Red cell distribution width as a novel, inexpensive marker for paroxysmal atrial fibrillation.Int J Cardiol. 2014; 171: e52-e53
- Red blood cell distribution width is associated with incidence of atrial fibrillation.J Intern Med. 2014; 275: 84-92
- Red blood cell distribution width predicts outcome of cryoballoon-based atrial fibrillation ablation.J Interv Card Electrophysiol. 2015; 42: 51-58
- The relationship between elevated red cell distribution width and long-term outcomes among patients with atrial fibrillation.Clin Biochem. 2015; 48: 762-767
- Red cell distribution width as a novel predictor for clinical outcomes in patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation.Europace. 2015; 17: ii83-ii88
- Red cell distribution width and all-cause mortality in patients with atrial fibrillation: a cohort study.J Arrhythm. 2017; 33: 56-62
- Contemporary stroke prevention strategies in 11 096 European patients with atrial fibrillation: a report from the EURObservational Research Programme on Atrial Fibrillation (EORP-AF) Long-Term General Registry.Europace. 2018; 20: 747-757
- 2016 ESC guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation developed in collaboration with EACTS.Eur Heart J. 2016; 37: 2893-2962
- Chronic kidney disease in patients with cardiac rhythm disturbances or implantable electrical devices: clinical significance and implications for decision making-a position paper of the European Heart Rhythm Association endorsed by the Heart Rhythm Society and the Asia Pacific Heart Rhythm Society.Europace. 2015; 17: 1169-1196
- Recommendations for cardiac chamber quantification by echocardiography in adults: an update from the American Society of Echocardiography and the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2015; 28 (e14): 1-39
- reviewers: D. Bleeding risk assessment and management in atrial fibrillation patients: a position document from the European Heart Rhythm Association, endorsed by the European Society of Cardiology Working Group on Thrombosis.Europace. 2011; 13: 723-746
- Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation: the Task Force for the Management of Atrial Fibrillation of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC).Europace. 2010; 12: 1360-1420
- Association between red cell distribution width and risk of venous thromboembolism.Thromb Res. 2015; 136: 590-594
- Red cell distribution width and risk for venous thromboembolism: a population-based cohort study.Thromb Res. 2014; 133: 334-339
- Red cell distribution width as a novel marker for predicting high-risk from upper gastro-intestinal bleeding patients.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0187158
- Red cell distribution width as a bleeding predictor after percutaneous coronary intervention.Am Heart J. 2013; 166: 104-109
- Red cell distribution width and mortality in older adults: a meta-analysis.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2010; 65: 258-265
- The association between red cell distribution width and stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation.Am J Med. 2015; 128 (192): e111-e198
- Association between red cell distribution width and thromboembolic events in patients with atrial fibrillation.Eur J Intern Med. 2017; 46: 41-46
- The role of oxidative stress, antioxidants and vascular inflammation in cardiovascular disease (a review).Vascul Pharmacol. 2015; 71: 40-56
- The prothrombotic state in atrial fibrillation: pathophysiological and management implications.Cardiovasc Res. 2019; 115: 31-45
- The prognostic role of red blood cell distribution width in coronary artery disease: a review of the pathophysiology.Dis Markers. 2015; 2015824624
Vincenzo Livio Malavasi, Marco Proietti, and Giuseppe Boriani take responsibility for all aspects of the reliability and freedom from bias of the data presented and their discussed interpretation.
All other authors contributed significantly to the paper with data collection and paper revision for important intellectual content. All authors read and approved the final version of the manuscript.
Funding: No funding was received for this work.