Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Heart disease and stroke statistics-2017 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2017; 135: e146-e603
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons 2008 cardiac surgery risk models: part 1–coronary artery bypass grafting surgery.Ann Thorac Surg. 2009; 88: S2-S22
- Diabetes and atherosclerosis: epidemiology, pathophysiology, and management.JAMA. 2002; 287: 2570-2581
- Diabetes mellitus, race, and socioeconomic status. A population-based study.Ann Epidemiol. 1996; 6: 67-73
- Influence of diabetes mellitus on early and late outcome after coronary artery bypass grafting.Ann Thorac Surg. 1999; 67: 1045-1052
- Diabetes mellitus increases short-term mortality and morbidity in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgery.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 40: 418-423
- Diabetes is not a risk factor for hospital mortality following contemporary coronary artery bypass grafting.Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2007; 6: 753-758
- Contemporary outcomes of coronary artery bypass grafting among patients with insulin-treated and non-insulin-treated diabetes.Ann Thorac Surg. 2015; 100: 2262-2269
http://riskcalc.sts.org/stswebriskcalc/#/calculate, Accessed on May 6, 2018.
- Prevalence and incidence trends for diagnosed diabetes among adults aged 20 to 79 years, United States, 1980-2012.JAMA. 2014; 312: 1218-1226
- Comparison of coronary bypass surgery with angioplasty in patients with multivessel disease.N Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 217-225
- Strategies for multivessel revascularization in patients with diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 2375-2384
- Glucose-lowering targets for patients with cardiovascular disease: focus on inpatient management of patients with acute coronary syndromes.Circulation. 2010; 122: 2736-2744
- Novel diabetes drugs and the cardiovascular specialist.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 69: 2646-2656
- Impact of glucose-lowering drugs on cardiovascular disease in type 2 diabetes.Eur Heart J. 2015; 36: 2288-2296
- The society of thoracic surgeons national database.Heart. 2013; 99: 1494-1501
STS Adult Cardiac Surgery Database data collection forms and specifications, https://www.sts.org/sites/default/files/documents/ACSDTrainingManual_V2-9_April2018-3.pdf. Accessed May 1, 2018.
- Intensive insulin therapy in critically ill patients.N Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 1359-1367
- 2011 ACCF/AHA guideline for coronary artery bypass graft surgery. A report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association task force on practice guidelines. Developed in collaboration with the American Association for Thoracic Surgery, Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists, and Society of Thoracic Surgeons.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 58: e123-e210
- Revascularization decisions in coronary artery disease: hitting a moving target.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2014; 7: 507-509
- Compelling evidence for coronary-bypass surgery in patients with diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 2437-2438
- Elevated glycosylated haemoglobin (HbA1c) is a risk marker in coronary artery bypass surgery.Scand Cardiovasc J. 2008; 42: 392-398
- Elevated preoperative hemoglobin A1c level is predictive of adverse events after coronary artery bypass surgery.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2008; 136: 631-640
Funding: This project was partially funded by a grant from the EVMS-Sentara Healthcare Analytics and Delivery Science Institute, Norfolk, Virginia.