Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Worldwide epidemiology of atrial fibrillation: a global burden of disease 2010 study.Circulation. 2013; : 837-847
- Apixaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 981-992
- Edoxaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 2093-2104
- Rivaroxaban versus warfarin in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 883-891
- Dabigatran versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1139-1151
- Placebo-controlled, randomised trial of warfarin and aspirin for prevention of thromboembolic complications in chronic atrial fibrillation. The Copenhagen AFASAK study.Lancet. 1989; 1: 175-179
- Thyroid hormone and the cardiovascular system.N Engl J Med. 2001; 344: 501-509
- 2014 AHA/ACC/HRS guideline for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the Heart Rhythm Society.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: e1-e76
- Relation of hypothyroidism and incident atrial fibrillation (from the Framingham Heart Study).Am Heart J. 2014; 167: 123-126
- The influence of thyroid function on the coagulation system and its clinical consequences.J Thromb Haemos. 2018; 16: 634-645
- Graves' disease and treatment effects on warfarin anticoagulation.Case Rep Med. 2014; 2014292468
- Impact of short-term hypothyroidism on systemic anticoagulation in patients with thyroid cancer and coumarin therapy.Thyroid. 2006; 16: 369-374
- Problems of anticoagulation with warfarin in hyperthyroidism.Q J Med. 1986; 58: 43-51
- Apixaban for reduction in stroke and other ThromboemboLic events in atrial fibrillation (ARISTOTLE) trial: design and rationale.Am Heart J. 2010; 159: 331-339
- The spectrum of thyroid disease and risk of new onset atrial fibrillation: a large population cohort study.BMJ. 2012; 345: e7895
- New-onset atrial fibrillation is a predictor of subsequent hyperthyroidism: a nationwide cohort study.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e57893
- The influence of thyroid function on the coagulation system and its clinical consequences.J Thromb Haemost. 2018; 16: 634-645
- Thyrocardiotoxic embolic syndrome.South Med J. 1989; 82: 1292-1293
Funding Source: The ARISTOTLE trial was funded by Bristol-Myers Squibb, Princeton, NC and Pfizer, Inc., New York, NY. The ARISTOTLE trial was designed and led by a steering committee that included representatives of the sponsors. The sponsor was not involved in the planning of the analysis presented herewith, the interpretation of the data, writing the manuscript, or in the decision to submit the manuscript for publication. Dr. Goldstein was also supported by NIH training grant T-32-HL069749-15.