Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Effects of obesity on cardiovascular hemodynamics, cardiac morphology, and ventricular function.Curr Obesity Rep. 2016; 5: 424-434
- Impact of obesity and weight loss on cardiac performance and morphology in adults.Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 2014; 56: 391-400
- Factors influencing left atrial volume in a population with preserved ejection fraction: left ventricular diastolic dysfunction or clinical factors?.J Cardiol. 2016; 68: 275-281
- Diastolic dysfunction and left atrial volume: a population-based study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 45: 87-92
- Left atrial volume: To thread a round and round maze.J Cardiol. 2016; 68: 273-274
- Left atrial volume as a morphophysiologic expression of left ventricular diastolic dysfunction and relation to cardiovascular risk burden.Am J Cardiol. 2002; 90: 1284-1289
- The Dallas Heart Study: a population-based probability sample for the multidisciplinary study of ethnic differences in cardiovascular health.Am J Cardiol. 2004; 93: 1473-1480
- Does high-intensity endurance training increase the risk of atrial fibrillation? A longitudinal study of left atrial structure and function.Circ Arrhythmia Electrophysio. 2018; 11e005598
- Validation of body composition by dual energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA).Clin Physiol. 1991; 11: 331-341
- Reliable estimation of peak left ventricular systolic pressure by M-mode echographic-determined end-diastolic relative wall thickness: identification of severe valvular aortic stenosis in adult patients.Am Heart J. 1982; 103: 202-203
- Prognosis of left ventricular geometric patterns in the Framingham Heart Study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1995; 25: 879-884
- The aging process of the heart: obesity is the main risk factor for left atrial enlargement during aging the MONICA/KORA (monitoring of trends and determinations in cardiovascular disease/cooperative research in the region of Augsburg) study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 54: 1982-1989
- Obesity and cardiovascular disease.Circulation. 2012; 125: 1178-1182
- Higher natriuretic peptide levels associate with a favorable adipose tissue distribution profile.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2013.1003.1038
- Left atrial size: physiologic determinants and clinical applications.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 47: 2357-2363
- Relationship between left ventricular wall thickness and left atrial size: comparison with other measures of diastolic function.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 1995; 8: 37-47
- Prevalence of left ventricular diastolic dysfunction in the community. Results from a Doppler echocardiographic-based survey of a population sample.Eur Heart J. 2003; 24: 320-328
- Tissue Doppler imaging provides incremental prognostic value in patients with systemic hypertension and left ventricular hypertrophy.J Hypertens. 2005; 23: 183-191
- Impact of body mass index on diastolic function in patients with normal left ventricular ejection fraction.Nutr Diabetes. 2012; 2: e39
- Diastolic dysfunction in hypertension.Curr Opin Cardiol. 2002; 17: 368-373
- Assessment of diastolic dysfunction. Invasive modalities.Cardiol Clin. 2000; 18: 571-586
- Association between atrial fibrillation, atrial enlargement, and left ventricular geometric remodeling.Sci Rep. 2018; 8: 6366
- Left atrium function assessment by echocardiography - physiological and clinical implications.Med ultrasonogrx. 2014; 16: 152-159
- In-treatment reduced left atrial diameter during antihypertensive treatment is associated with reduced new-onset atrial fibrillation in hypertensive patients with left ventricular hypertrophy: The LIFE Study.Blood Press. 2010; 19: 169-175
- Left atrial size and risk of major cardiovascular events during antihypertensive treatment: losartan intervention for endpoint reduction in hypertension trial.Hypertension. 2007; 49: 311-316
Funding Sources: American Heart Association (AHA) 14SFRN20600009 and National Institute of Health (NIH) RO1 AG17479 .
Relationship to Industry: None.