- Lipid-lowering nutraceuticals in clinical practice: position paper from an International Lipid Expert Panel.Nutr Rev. 2017; 75: 731-767
- Scientific opinion on the safety of monacolins in red yeast rice. EFSA Panel on Food Additives and Nutrient Sources added to Food (ANS). European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), Parma, Italy.EFSA Journal. 2018; 16: 5368
- 2016 ESC/EAS guidelines for the management of dyslipidaemias: the task force for the management of dyslipidaemias of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS) Developed with the special contribution of the European Association for Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation (EACPR).Atherosclerosis. 2016; 253: 281-344
- Effect of apple polyphenols on vascular oxidative stress and endothelium function: a translational study.Mol Nutr Food Res. 2017; 61
- Nutraceutical effects on glucose and lipid metabolism in patients with impaired fasting glucose: a pilot, double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trial on a combined product.High Blood Press Cardiovasc Prev. 2017; 24: 283-288
- Effect of a short-term dietary supplementation with phytosterols, red yeast rice or both on lipid pattern in moderately hypercholesterolemic subjects: a three-arm, double-blind, randomized clinical trial.Nutr Metab. 2017; 14: 61
- LDL-oxidation, serum uric acid, kidney function and pulse-wave velocity: data from the Brisighella Heart Study cohort.Int J Cardiol. 2018; 261: 204-208
- Lipid-modifying effects of nutraceuticals: an evidence-based approach.Nutrition. 2016; 32: 1179-1192
- Lipid-lowering activity of artichoke extracts: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2017; 13: 1-8
- The effects of berberine on blood lipids: a systemic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Planta Med. 2013; 79: 437-446
- Pharmacological studies of artichoke leaf extract and their health benefits.Plant Foods Hum Nutr. 2015; 70: 441-453
- Effect of berberine administration on metabolic syndrome, insulin sensitivity, and insulin secretion.Metab Syndr Relat Disord. 2013; 11: 366-369
- The therapeutic effect of berberine in the treatment of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: a meta-analysis.Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2016; 20163593951
- Efficacy of artichoke leaf extract in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a pilot double-blind randomized controlled trial.Phytother Res. 2018; 32: 1382-1387
Funding: No specific funding was provided for the research.
See page 590 for disclosure information.