- National costs of the medical liability system.Health Aff (Millwood). 2010; 29: 1569-1577
- The role of medical liability reform in federal health care reform.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1-3
- The growth of physician medical malpractice payments: evidence from the National Practitioner Data Bank.Health Aff (Millwood). 2005; (Web Exclusives:W5-240-W245-249)
- Effect of physician strategies for coping with the US medical malpractise crisis on healthcare delivery and patient access to healthcare.Public Health. 2008; 122: 1051-1060
- (Medical Malpractice Tort Limits and Health Care Spending) Congressional Budget Office,, Washington, DC2006
- Defensive medicine among high-risk specialist physicians in a volatile malpractice environment.JAMA. 2005; 293: 2609-2617
- Malpractice risk according to physician specialty.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 629-636
- Medical professional liability risk among US cardiologists.Am Heart J. 2014; 167: 690-696
CRICO strategies' comparative benchmarking system, 2016. https://www.rmf.harvard.edu/-/media/Files/Strategies/Brochures/crico-cbs-2016-final.pdf. Accessed on November 15, 2017.
- CRIT, CRICO Strategies National CBS Report, in.2015 (Annual Benchmark Reports. 2015. Proprietary)
National Center for Health Statistics. International classification of diseases, ninth revision (ICD-9). https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/icd/icd9.htm. Accessed on November 15, 2017.
- Electronic Health Record Closed Claims Study: An Expert Analysis of Medical Malpractice Allegations.The Doctors Company, 2017
- Overtreatment in the United States.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0181970
- Rates and characteristics of paid malpractice claims among US physicians by specialty, 1992-2014.JAMA Intern Med. 2017; 177: 710-718
- Claims, errors, and compensation payments in medical malpractice litigation.N Engl J Med. 2006; 354: 2024-2033
- Heart disease and stroke statistics—2017 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2017; 135: e146-e603
- Patient complaints and malpractice risk.JAMA. 2002; 287: 2951-2957
- Twenty years of evidence on the outcomes of malpractice claims.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2009; 467: 352-357
- Characteristics of medical professional liability claims in patients with cardiovascular diseases.Am J Cardiol. 2010; 105: 745-752
- Medical liability reform in a new political environment.JAMA. 2017; 317: 1311-1312
- The medical liability climate and prospects for reform.JAMA. 2014; 312: 2146-2155
- How policy makers can smooth the way for communication-and- resolution programs.Health Aff (Millwood). 2014; 33: 11-19
US Department of Health and Human Services. Appropriate medical malpractice payment reporting to the NPDB in light of recent medical malpractice reforms in Massachusetts and Oregon. https://elibrary.law.psu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1035&context=arbitrationlawreview. Accessed on August 19, 2018.
- The new medical malpractice crisis.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 2281-2284
LexisNexis. http://academic.lexisnexis.com. Accessed on March 2, 2018.