Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Heart disease and stroke statistics-2015 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2015; 131: e29-e322https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0000000000000152
- 1999 update: ACC/AHA guidelines for the management of patients with acute myocardial infarction. A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999; 34: 890-911
- Long term survival after evidence based treatment of acute myocardial infarction and revascularization: follow-up of population based Perth Monica cohort, 1984–2005.BMJ. 2009; 338: b36https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.b36
- Decline in rates of death and heart failure in acute coronary syndromes, 1999–2006.JAMA. 2007; 297: 1892-1900
- Baseline characteristics, management practices, and in-hospital outcomes of patients hospitalized with acute coronary syndromes in the Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events (GRACE).Am J Cardiol. 2002; 90: 358-363
- Recognizing and managing asymptomatic left ventricular dysfunction: after myocardial infarction.Crit Care Nurse. 2008; 28: 20-37
- Heart failure after myocardial infarction: a review.Am J Med. 2002; 113: 324-330
- Epidemiology of heart failure and left ventricular systolic dysfunction after acute myocardial infarction: prevalence, clinical characteristics, and prognostic importance.Am J Cardiol. 2006; 97: 13F-25F
- Heart failure after myocardial infarction: clinical implications and treatment.Clin Cardiol. 2011; 34: 410-414https://doi.org/10.1002/clc.20922
- Incidence of heart failure after myocardial infarction: is it changing over time?.Am J Epidemiol. 2003; 157: 1101-1107
- Nationwide trends in development of heart failure and mortality after first-time myocardial infarction 1997–2010: a Danish cohort study.Eur J Intern Med. 2014; 8: 731-738https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejim.2014.08.009
- Trends from 1996 to 2007 in incidence and mortality outcomes of heart failure after acute myocardial infarction: a population-based study of 20 812 patients with first acute myocardial infarction in western Australia.J Am Heart Assoc. 2013; 2 (e000172)https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.113.000172
- National trends in the heart failure hospitalization after acute myocardial infarction for Medicare beneficiaries: 1998–2010.Circulation. 2013; 128: 2577-2584https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.113.003668
- Decreasing trends in the incidence of heart failure after acute myocardial infarction from 1993–2004: a study of 175 216 patients with a first acute myocardial infarction in Sweden.Euro J Heart Fail. 2011; 13: 135-141https://doi.org/10.1093/eurjhf/hfq205
- A 25-year perspective into the changing landscape of patients hospitalized with acute myocardial infarction (the Worcester Heart Attack Study).Am J Cardiol. 2004; 94: 1373-1378
- Can we monitor heart attack in the troponin era: evidence from a population-based cohort study.BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2011; 11: 35https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2261-11-35
- Age- and sex-specific trends in the incidence of hospitalized acute coronary syndromes in Western Australia between 1990 and 2005.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2011; 4: 557-564https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCOUTCOMES.110.960005
- Long-term trends in the incidence of heart failure after myocardial infarction.Circulation. 2008; 118: 2057-2062https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.108.784215
- Incidence and predictors of heart failure following percutaneous coronary intervention in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: the HORIZONS-AMI trial.Am Heart J. 2011; 162: 663-670https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ahj.2011.08.002
- Predictors of late development of heart failure in stable survivors of myocardial infarction: the CARE Study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003; 42: 1446-1453
- Clinical characteristics and long-term outcome of patients in whom congestive heart failure develops after thrombolytic therapy for acute myocardial infarction: development of a predictive model.Am Heart J. 1997; 133: 663-673
- Chronic kidney disease and mortality risk: a systematic review.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006; 17: 2034-2047
- Renal failure and acute myocardial infarction: clinical characteristics in advanced chronic kidney disease, dialysis, and non-chronic kidney disease patients. A collaborative project of the United States Renal Data System/National Institutes of Health and the National Registry of Myocardial Infarction.Am Heart J. 2012; 163: 399-406https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ahj.2011.12.002
- Increased risk of myocardial infarction and stroke following exacerbation of COPD.Chest. 2010; 137: 1091-1097https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.09-2029
- Statin therapy in heart failure: for good, for bad, or indifferent?.Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2014; 16: 377https://doi.org/10.1007/s11883-013-0377-x
See page 4 for disclosure information.
This study was funded, in part, by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (Princeton, NJ).