Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 2013 ACC/AHA guideline on the treatment of blood cholesterol to reduce atherosclerotic cardiovascular risk in adults: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 129: 2889-2934
- Efficacy and safety of more intensive lowering of LDL cholesterol: a meta-analysis of data from 170 000 participants in 26 randomised trials.Lancet. 2010; 376: 1670-1681
- Interpretation of the evidence for the efficacy and safety of statin therapy.Lancet. 2016; 388: 2532-2561
- Cholesterol, not just cardiovascular risk, is important in deciding who should receive statin treatment.Eur Heart J. 2015; 36: 2975-2983
- Individualized statin benefit for determining statin eligibility in the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease.Circulation. 2016; 133: 1574-1581
- Cholesterol levels should play a more important role in identifying statin recipients.Circulation. 2017; 135: 627-629
- The benefit model for prevention of cardiovascular disease: an opportunity to harmonize guidelines.JAMA Cardiol. 2017; 2: 1175-1176
- Estimation of the concentration of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma, without use of the preparative ultracentrifuge.Clin Chem. 1972; 18: 499-502
- 2013 ACC/AHA guideline on the assessment of cardiovascular risk: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 2935-2959
- Lipid modification and cardiovascular risk assessment for the primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease: summary of updated NICE guidance.BMJ. 2014; 349: g4356
- Population impact & efficiency of benefit–targeted versus risk–targeted statin prescribing for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease.J Am Heart Assoc. 2017; 6: e004316
- Further insight into the cardiovascular risk calculator: the roles of statins, revascularizations, and underascertainment in the Women's Health Study.JAMA Intern Med. 2014; 174: 1964-1971
- An analysis of calibration and discrimination among multiple cardiovascular risk scores in a modern multiethnic cohort.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 162: 266-275
- The effects of lowering LDL cholesterol with statin therapy in people at low risk of vascular disease: meta-analysis of individual data from 27 randomised trials.Lancet. 2012; 380: 581-590
See page 1319 for disclosure information.
The authors take responsibility for all aspects of the reliability and freedom from bias of the data presented and their discussed interpretation.