Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Comparing stroke and bleeding with rivaroxaban and dabigatran in atrial fibrillation: analysis of the US Medicare part D data.Am J Cardiovasc Drugs. 2017; 17: 37-47
- Thromboembolic, bleeding, and mortality risks of rivaroxaban and dabigatran in Asians with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 68: 1389-1401
- Direct comparison of dabigatran, rivaroxaban, and apixaban for effectiveness and safety in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.Chest. 2016; 150: 1302-1312
- Stroke, bleeding, and mortality risks in elderly Medicare beneficiaries treated with dabigatran or rivaroxaban for nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 1662-1671
- Risk of bleeding with dabigatran in atrial fibrillation.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 18-24
- Anticoagulation use and clinical outcomes following major bleeding on dabigatran or warfarin in atrial fibrillation.Stroke. 2017; 48: 159-166
- Refining clinical risk stratification for predicting stroke and thromboembolism in atrial fibrillation using a novel risk factor-based approach: the Euro heart survey on atrial fibrillation.Chest. 2010; 137: 263-272
- A novel user-friendly score (HAS-BLED) to assess 1-year risk of major bleeding in patients with atrial fibrillation: the Euro Heart Survey.Chest. 2010; 138: 1093-1100
- 27 chronic condition algorithm.(Available at:)https://www.ccwdata.org/cs/groups/public/documents/document/ccw_condition_categories.pdfDate: 2014Date accessed: February 22, 2015
- Meta-analysis: antithrombotic therapy to prevent stroke in patients who have nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.Ann Intern Med. 2007; 146: 857-867
- Cardiovascular, bleeding, and mortality risks in elderly Medicare patients treated with dabigatran or warfarin for non-valvular atrial fibrillation.Circulation. 2015; 131: 157-164
- Rivaroxaban versus dabigatran or warfarin in real-world studies of stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation: systematic review and meta-analysis.Stroke. 2017; 48: 970-976
- Importance of pharmacokinetic profile and variability as determinants of dose and response to dabigatran, rivaroxaban, and apixaban.Can J Cardiol. 2013; 29: S24-S33
- Cost-effectiveness of non-vitamin K antagonist oral anticoagulants for stroke prevention in patients with atrial fibrillation at high risk of bleeding and normal kidney function.Thromb Res. 2017; 150: 123-130
- Real-world comparison of major bleeding risk among non-valvular atrial fibrillation patients initiated on apixaban, dabigatran, rivaroxaban, or warfarin. A propensity score matched analysis.Thromb Haemost. 2016; 116: 975-986
- Major bleeding complications and persistence with oral anticoagulation in non-valvular atrial fibrillation: contemporary findings in real-life Danish patients.J Am Heart Assoc. 2017; 6: e004517
- Prescribing information for Xarelto.(Available at:)http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2015/022406s012lbl.pdfDate: 2015Date accessed: May 14, 2015
- Pradaxa prescribing information.(Available at:)http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2015/022512s028lbl.pdfDate: 2015Date accessed: January 12, 2016
- FDA panel votes for rivaroxaban (Xarelto): atrial fibrillation patients may soon have two alternatives to warfarin for stroke prevention.(Available at:)http://www.stopafib.org/newsitem.cfm/NEWSID/361/FDA%20panel%20votes%20for%20rivaroxaban/Xarelto%20for%20atrial%20fibrillation%20stroke%20preventionDate: 2011Date accessed: February 26, 2017
- Adherence to rivaroxaban, dabigatran, and apixaban for stroke prevention in incident, treatment-naive nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.J Manag Care Spec Pharm. 2016; 22: 1319-1329
- Early real-world evidence of persistence on oral anticoagulants for stroke prevention in non-valvular atrial fibrillation: a cohort study in UK primary care.BMJ Open. 2016; 6: e011471
- Apixaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 981-992
- Dabigatran versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1139-1151
- Prescribing information for Praxbind.(Available at:)http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2015/761025lbl.pdfDate: 2015Date accessed: February 26, 2017
- Andexanet alfa for acute major bleeding associated with factor Xa inhibitors.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 1131-1141
We acknowledge funding from the Commonwealth Fund (Grant numbers 20150380 and 20160326).
See page 1818 for disclosure information.