Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Recommendations for evaluation of prosthetic valves with echocardiography and Doppler ultrasound: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography's Guidelines and Standards Committee and the Task Force on Prosthetic Valves, developed in conjunction with the American College of Cardiology Cardiovascular Imaging Committee, Cardiac Imaging Committee of the American Heart Association, the European Association of Echocardiography, a registered branch of the European Society of Cardiology, the Japanese Society of Echocardiography and the Canadian Society of Echocardiography, endorsed by the American College of Cardiology Foundation, American Heart Association, European Association of Echocardiography, a registered branch of the European Society of Cardiology, the Japanese Society of Echocardiography, and Canadian Society of Echocardiography.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2009; 22: 975-1014
- Feasibility and diagnostic accuracy of quantitative assessment of mechanical prostheses leaflet motion by transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography in suspected prosthetic valve dysfunction.Am J Cardiol. 2006; 97: 94-100
- ASE/SCA guidelines for performing a comprehensive intraoperative multiplane transesophageal echocardiography examination: recommendations of the American Society of Echocardiography Council for Intraoperative Echocardiography and the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists Task Force for Certification in Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 1999; 12: 884-900
- European Association of Echocardiography recommendations for the assessment of valvular regurgitation. Part 2: mitral and tricuspid regurgitation (native valve disease).Eur J Echocardiogr. 2010; 11: 307-332
- Recommendations for cardiac chamber quantification by echocardiography in adults: an update from the American Society of Echocardiography and the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2015; 28 (e14): 1-39
- Recommendations for quantification of Doppler echocardiography: a report from the Doppler Quantification Task Force of the Nomenclature and Standards Committee of the American Society of Echocardiography.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2002; 15: 167-184
- Peak early diastolic velocity rather than pressure half-time is the best index of mechanical prosthetic mitral valve function.Am J Cardiol. 2002; 89: 704-710
- Comprehensive hemodynamic assessment of 368 normal St. Jude Medical mechanical mitral valve prostheses based on early postimplantation echocardiographic studies.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2013; 26: 381-389
- Comprehensive hemodynamic assessment of 305 normal CarboMedics mitral valve prostheses based on early postimplantation echocardiographic studies.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2012; 25: 173-181
- Comprehensive echocardiographic assessment of normal mitral Medtronic Hancock II, Medtronic Mosaic, and Carpentier-Edwards Perimount bioprostheses early after implantation.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2010; 23: 656-666
- Doppler echocardiography of 240 normal Carpentier-Edwards Duraflex porcine mitral bioprostheses: a comprehensive assessment including time velocity integral ratio and prosthesis performance index.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2009; 22: 388-393
- Impact of prosthesis-patient mismatch on survival after mitral valve replacement.Circulation. 2007; 115: 1417-1425
- Impact of valve prosthesis-patient mismatch on pulmonary arterial pressure after mitral valve replacement.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 45: 1034-1040
- Prosthesis-patient mismatch: definition, clinical impact, and prevention.Heart. 2006; 92: 1022-1029
Dr. SA Luis is formerly of The Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, Australia.
See page 1379 for disclosure information.