Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Percutaneous transluminal valvuloplasty of acquired aortic stenosis in elderly patients: an alternative to valve replacement?.Lancet. 1986; 1: 63-67
- Percutaneous balloon aortic valvuloplasty. Acute and 30-day follow-up results in 674 patients from the NHLBI Balloon Valvuloplasty Registry.Circulation. 1991; 84: 2383-2397
- Balloon aortic valvuloplasty in adults: failure of procedure to improve long-term survival.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1995; 26: 1522-1528
- Results of percutaneous transluminal valvuloplasty in 218 adults with valvular aortic stenosis.Am J Cardiol. 1988; 62: 598-605
- Complications and outcome of balloon aortic valvuloplasty in high-risk or inoperable patients.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2010; 3: 1150-1156
- Guidelines on the management of valvular heart disease (version 2012): the Joint Task Force on the Management of Valvular Heart Disease of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS).Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2012; 42: S1-S44
- 2014 AHA/ACC guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 2438-2488
- Frailty assessment in the cardiovascular care of older adults.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 747-762
- Development and validation of a short version of the Kansas City Cardiomyopathy Questionnaire.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2015; 8: 469-476
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons 2008 cardiac surgery risk models: part 2—isolated valve surgery.Ann Thorac Surg. 2009; 88: S23-S42
- Categorizing BMI may lead to biased results in studies investigating in-hospital mortality after isolated CABG.J Clin Epidemiol. 2007; 60: 1132-1139
- Regression modeling strategies: with application to linear models, logistic regression, and survival analysis.Springer-Verlag, New York2001
- The Mansfield Scientific Aortic Valvuloplasty Registry: overview of acute hemodynamic results and procedural complications.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1991; 17: 485-491
- Balloon aortic valvuloplasty in the era of transcatheter aortic valve replacement: acute and long-term outcomes.Am Heart J. 2014; 167: 235-240
- Outcomes of inoperable symptomatic aortic stenosis patients not undergoing aortic valve replacement: insight into the impact of balloon aortic valvuloplasty from the PARTNER trial (Placement of AoRtic TraNscathetER Valve trial).JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2015; 8: 324-333
- 2017 AHA/ACC focused update of the 2014 AHA/ACC guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 70: 252-289https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2017.03.011
- Aortic valve replacement after percutaneous valvuloplasty—an approach in otherwise inoperable patients.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2010; 38: 394-399
- Recovery after balloon aortic valvuloplasty in patients with aortic stenosis and impaired left ventricular function: predictors and prognostic implications.J Invasive Cardiol. 2013; 25: 235-241
- Lessons learned from balloon aortic valvuloplasty experience from the pre-transcatheter aortic valve implantation era.J Interv Cardiol. 2010; 23: 499-508
- The effect of aortic valve replacement on survival.Circulation. 1982; 66: 1105-1110
- Aortic stenosis.Circulation. 1968; 38: 61-67
- Health status after transcatheter or surgical aortic valve replacement in patients with severe aortic stenosis at increased surgical risk: results from the CoreValve US Pivotal Trial.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2015; 8: 1207-1217
- Health-related quality of life after transcatheter or surgical aortic valve replacement in high-risk patients with severe aortic stenosis: results from the PARTNER (Placement of AoRTic TraNscathetER Valve) Trial (Cohort A).J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: 548-558
- Outcomes in nonagenarians undergoing transcatheter aortic valve replacement in the PARTNER-I Trial.Ann Thorac Surg. 2015; 100 (discussion 793): 785-792
MM serves as an uncompensated member of the Executive Committee of the PARTNER Trial; the remaining authors have no disclosures relevant to this manuscript.
See page 1372 for disclosure information.