Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Metabolic and body composition effects of newer antiretrovirals in HIV-infected patients.Eur J Endocrinol. 2014; 170: R185-R202
- Epicardial adipose tissue: emerging physiological, pathophysiological and clinical features.Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2011; 22: 450-457
- Perivascular fat, inflammation, and cardiovascular risk in HIV-infected patients on antiretroviral therapy.Int J Cardiol. 2013; 168: 4039-4045
- Rosuvastatin slows progression of subclinical atherosclerosis in patients with treated HIV infection.AIDS. 2016; 30: 2195-2203
- Prediction of coronary heart disease using risk factor categories.Circulation. 1998; 97: 1837-1847
- Homeostasis model assessment: insulin resistance and beta-cell function from fasting plasma glucose and insulin concentrations in man.Diabetologia. 1985; 28: 412-419
- Pericardial fat, visceral abdominal fat, cardiovascular disease risk factors, and vascular calcification in a community-based sample: the Framingham Heart Study.Circulation. 2008; 117: 605-613
- Rosuvastatin preserves renal function and lowers cystatin C in HIV-infected subjects on antiretroviral therapy: the SATURN-HIV trial.Clin Infect Dis. 2014; 59: 1148-1156
- Rosuvastatin reduces vascular inflammation and T-cell and monocyte activation in HIV-infected subjects on antiretroviral therapy.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2015; 68: 396-404
- Rosuvastatin worsens insulin resistance in HIV-infected adults on antiretroviral therapy.Clin Infect Dis. 2015; 61: 1566-1572
- Visceral and subcutaneous fat quality and cardiometabolic risk.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2013; 6: 762-771
- Abdominal fat radiodensity, quantity and cardiometabolic risk: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2016; 26: 114-122
- Association of changes in abdominal fat quantity and quality with incident cardiovascular disease risk factors.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 68: 1509-1521
- Epicardial fat is associated with duration of antiretroviral therapy and coronary atherosclerosis.AIDS. 2014; 28: 1635-1644
- Increased pericardial fat accumulation is associated with increased intramyocardial lipid content and duration of highly active antiretroviral therapy exposure in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus: a 3T cardiovascular magnetic resonance feasibility study.J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2015; 17: 91
- Parallel increase of subclinical atherosclerosis and epicardial adipose tissue in patients with HIV.Am Heart J. 2012; 163: 1024-1030
- Adipose tissue density, a novel biomarker predicting mortality risk in older adults.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2014; 69: 109-117
- Anterior mediastinal fat in Behcet's disease: qualitative and quantitative CT analysis.Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2013; 29: 119-126
- Cross-sectional associations of computed tomography (CT)-derived adipose tissue density and adipokines: the Framingham Heart Study.J Am Heart Assoc. 2016; 5: e002545
- Human epicardial adipose tissue has a specific transcriptomic signature depending on its anatomical peri-atrial, peri-ventricular, or peri-coronary location.Cardiovasc Res. 2015; 108: 62-73
- Quantification of epicardial adipose tissue in coronary calcium score and CT coronary angiography image data sets: comparison of attenuation values, thickness and volumes.Br J Radiol. 2016; 89: 20150773
- Adiponectin downregulates CD163 whose cellular and soluble forms are elevated in obesity.Eur J Clin Invest. 2009; 39: 671-679
- Relationship between monocyte/macrophage activation marker soluble CD163 and insulin resistance in obese and normal-weight subjects.Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2012; 77: 385-390
See page 1433 for disclosure information.
This work was supported by the National Institutes of Health ( R01 NR012642 to GAM and K23 HL123341 to CTL). Technical support was provided by the Center for AIDS Research, Case Western Reserve University (P30 AI36219). Study drugs and matching placebo were donated by Astra Zeneca. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.