Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Relationships between sinus rhythm, treatment, and survival in the atrial fibrillation follow-up investigation of rhythm management (AFFIRM) study.Circulation. 2004; 109: 1509-1513
- A population-based study of the long-term risks associated with atrial fibrillation: 20-year follow-up of the Renfrew/Paisley Study.Am J Med. 2002; 113: 359-364
- Atrial-fibrillation—a major contributor to stroke in the elderly—the Framingham Study.Arch Intern Med. 1987; 147: 1561-1564
- Comparative effectiveness of warfarin and new oral anticoagulants for the management of atrial fibrillation and venous thromboembolism: a systematic review.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 157: 796-807
- 2014 AHA/ACC/HRS guideline for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: E1-E76
- The value of the CHA(2)DS(2)-VASc score for refining stroke risk stratification in patients with atrial fibrillation with a CHADS(2) score 0–1: a nationwide cohort study.Thromb Haemost. 2012; 107: 1172-1179
- Hospitalized patients with atrial fibrillation and a high risk of stroke are not being provided with adequate anticoagulation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 46: 1729-1736
- Oral anticoagulation use by patients with atrial fibrillation in Germany adherence to guidelines, causes of anticoagulation under-use and its clinical outcomes, based on claims-data of 183,448 patients.Thromb Haemost. 2012; 107: 1053-1065
- Simple and portable algorithm for identifying atrial fibrillation in the electronic medical record.Am J Cardiol. 2016; 117: 221-225
- ACC/AHA/ESC 2006 guidelines for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Revise the 2001 guidelines for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation) developed in collaboration with the European Heart Rhythm Association and the Heart Rhythm Society.Circulation. 2006; 114: E257-E354
- Evaluation of risk stratification schemes for ischaemic stroke and bleeding in 182 678 patients with atrial fibrillation: the Swedish Atrial Fibrillation Cohort Study.Eur Heart J. 2012; 33: 1500-1510
- R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing.R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria2015 (Available at:)https://www.R-project.org/Date accessed: March 18, 2016
- Refining clinical risk stratification for predicting stroke and thromboembolism in atrial fibrillation using a novel risk factor-based approach the Euro Heart Survey on atrial fibrillation.Chest. 2010; 137: 263-272
- Aspirin instead of oral anticoagulant prescription in atrial fibrillation patients at risk for stroke.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 67: 2913-2923
- Choosing antithrombotic therapy for elderly patients with atrial fibrillation who are at risk for falls.Arch Intern Med. 1999; 159: 677-685
- Low-molecular-weight heparin versus a coumarin for the prevention of recurrent venous thromboembolism in patients with cancer.New Engl J Med. 2003; 349: 146-153
- Risk of stroke after surgery in patients with and without chronic atrial fibrillation.Thromb Haemost. 2010; 8: 884-890
See page 1320 for disclosure information.
Dr. Lubitz is supported by NIH grant K23HL114724 and by Doris Duke Charitable Foundation Awards 2014105 (Lubitz) and 2016077 (Lubitz / Hulme) . This work was also supported by grants from the National Institutes of Health to Dr. Ellinor ( 1RO1HL092577 , R01HL128914 , K24HL105780 ). Dr. Ellinor is also supported by an Established Investigator Award from the American Heart Association ( 13EIA14220013 ) and by the Fondation Leducq ( 14CVD01 ).