Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Do preoperative beta-blockers improve postoperative outcomes in patients undergoing cardiac surgery? Challenging societal guidelines.Am Surg. 2014; 80: 1018-1021
- Preoperative beta-blocker use in coronary artery bypass grafting surgery: national database analysis.JAMA Intern Med. 2014; 174: 1320-1327
- Delirium following vascular surgery: increased incidence with preoperative beta-blocker administration.Can J Anaesth. 2009; 56: 793-801
- Neuropsychiatric effects of cardiovascular drug therapy.Cardiol Rev. 2003; 11: 73-93
- KDIGO clinical practice guidelines for acute kidney injury.Nephron Clin Pract. 2012; 120: c179-c184
- Preoperative beta-blocker use and mortality and morbidity following CABG surgery in North America.JAMA. 2002; 287: 2221-2227
- Effect of preoperative beta-blockade on perioperative mortality in coronary surgery.Br J Anaesth. 2003; 90: 27-31
- Beneficial effects from beta-adrenergic blockade in elderly patients undergoing noncardiac surgery.Anesthesiology. 1999; 91: 1674-1686
- Preoperative beta-blocker usage: is it really worthy of being a quality indicator?.Ann Thorac Surg. 2011; 92 (discussion 795–786): 788-795
- Surgery. beta—blockers—still a trusted ally or time for retirement?.Nat Rev Cardiol. 2014; 11: 502-503
- Incidence of and risk factors for delirium after cardiac surgery at a quaternary care center: a retrospective cohort study.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2015; 29: 1472-1479
- Predicting, preventing, and identifying delirium after cardiac surgery.Perioper Med (Lond). 2016; 5: 7
- Postoperative delirium in cardiac surgery: an unavoidable menace?.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2015; 29: 1677-1687
- Acute kidney injury based on KDIGO (Kidney Disease Improving Global Outcomes) criteria in patients with elevated baseline serum creatinine undergoing cardiac surgery.Rev Bras Cir Cardiovasc. 2014; 29: 299-307
- How strong is the evidence for the use of perioperative beta blockers in non-cardiac surgery? Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.BMJ. 2005; 331: 313-321
- Effects of extended-release metoprolol succinate in patients undergoing non-cardiac surgery (POISE trial): a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2008; 371: 1839-1847
- Postoperative delirium in patients undergoing total joint arthroplasty: a systematic review.J Arthroplasty. 2015; 30: 1414-1417
- Delirium in mechanically ventilated patients: validity and reliability of the confusion assessment method for the intensive care unit (CAM-ICU).JAMA. 2001; 286: 2703-2710
See page 1296 for disclosure information.
Research reported in this publication was supported by the National Institutes of Health under award numbers T32GM108554 , K23GM102676 , and R01GM112871 , and also by Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical and Translational Research grant number UL1 TR000445 , from NCATS/NIH .
The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.
Clinical Trial Number: NCT02548975.