Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Atrial fibrillation prevalence revisited.J Intern Med. 2013; 274: 461-468
- Prevalence, incidence and lifetime risk of atrial fibrillation: the Rotterdam study.Eur Heart J. 2006; 27: 949-953
- Lifetime risk for development of atrial fibrillation: the Framingham Heart Study.Circulation. 2004; 110: 1042-1046
- New-onset atrial fibrillation: sex differences in presentation, treatment, and outcome.Circulation. 2001; 103: 2365-2370
- Atrial fibrillation as risk factor for cardiovascular disease and death in women compared with men: systematic review and meta-analysis of cohort studies.BMJ. 2016; 532: h7013
- Risk scoring and thromboprophylactic treatment of patients with atrial fibrillation with and without access to primary healthcare data: experience from the Stockholm health care system.Int J Cardiol. 2013; 170: 208-214
- Underuse of oral anticoagulants in atrial fibrillation: a systematic review.Am J Med. 2010; 123 (e634): 638-645
- Oral anticoagulation use by patients with atrial fibrillation in Germany. Adherence to guidelines, causes of anticoagulation under-use and its clinical outcomes, based on claims-data of 183,448 patients.Thromb Haemost. 2012; 107: 1053-1065
- 2012 focused update of the ESC Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation: an update of the 2010 ESC Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation—developed with the special contribution of the European Heart Rhythm Association.Europace. 2012; 14: 1385-1413
- Population by region, marital status, age and sex.(Year 1968–2015)2016
- National trends in ambulatory oral anticoagulant use.Am J Med. 2015; 128 (e1302): 1300-1305
- A comparison of oral anticoagulant use for atrial fibrillation in the pre- and post-DOAC eras.Drugs Aging. 2016; 33: 427-436
- Trends in prescribing oral anticoagulants in Canada, 2008–2014.Clin Ther. 2015; 37 (e2504): 2506-2514
- Secondary prevention in a large stroke population: a study of patients' purchase of recommended drugs.Stroke. 2008; 39: 2880-2885
- The CHADS(2) versus the new CHA2DS2-VASc scoring systems for guiding antithrombotic treatment of patients with atrial fibrillation: review of the literature and recommendations for use.Pharmacotherapy. 2012; 32: 285-296
- Risks for stroke and bleeding with warfarin or aspirin treatment in patients with atrial fibrillation at different CHA(2)DS(2)VASc scores: experience from the Stockholm region.Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2014; 70: 1477-1485
- Disease mongering and drug marketing. Does the pharmaceutical industry manufacture diseases as well as drugs?.EMBO Rep. 2005; 6: 612-614
- Using an atrial fibrillation decision support tool for thromboprophylaxis in atrial fibrillation: effect of sex and age.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2016; 64: 1054-1060
- Stroke prophylaxis in atrial fibrillation: who gets it and who does not? Report from the Stockholm Cohort-study on Atrial Fibrillation (SCAF-study).Eur Heart J. 2006; 27: 1954-1964
- Initiation and persistence of warfarin or aspirin in patients with chronic atrial fibrillation in general practice: do the appropriate patients receive stroke prophylaxis?.J Thromb Haemost. 2008; 6: 1500-1506
- Translating the results of randomized trials into clinical practice: the challenge of warfarin candidacy among hospitalized elderly patients with atrial fibrillation.Stroke. 2006; 37: 1075-1080
- Clinical correlates and drug treatment of residents with stroke in long-term care.Stroke. 2001; 32: 1385-1393
- Apixaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 981-992
- Dabigatran versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1139-1151
- Rivaroxaban versus warfarin in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 883-891
- A framework for evaluation of secondary data sources for epidemiological research.Int J Epidemiol. 1996; 25: 435-442
- External review and validation of the Swedish national inpatient register.BMC Public Health. 2011; 11: 450
- Prevalence and recognition of chronic kidney disease in Stockholm healthcare.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2016; 31: 2086-2094
- Do men consult less than women? An analysis of routinely collected UK general practice data.BMJ Open. 2013; 3: e003320
- Adherence to warfarin treatment among patients with atrial fibrillation.Clin Res Cardiol. 2014; 103: 998-1005
See page 1306 for disclosure information.
Funding: The study was supported by the Stockholm County Council (ALF project grant number LS 2015-0630 ), the Erika Lederhausen foundation , Center for Gender Medicine , Karolinska Institutet , the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions (SALAR, SKL 08/2254 ), and by the Swedish Heart-Lung Foundation .
Location: Stockholm, Sweden.