Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Meta-analysis of all-cause and cardiovascular mortality in obstructive sleep apnea with or without continuous positive airway pressure treatment.Sleep Breath. 2017; 21: 181-189
- Sleep apnea and cardiovascular disease: a bidirectional relationship.Circulation. 2012; 126: 1495-1510
- Clinical guideline for the evaluation, management and long-term care of obstructive sleep apnea in adults.J Clin Sleep Med. 2009; 5: 263-276
- Effects of continuous positive airway pressure on blood pressure in patients with resistant hypertension and obstructive sleep apnea: a meta-analysis.J Hypertens. 2014; 32 (discussion 2350): 2341-2350
- Effect of CPAP treatment for obstructive sleep apnea hypopnea syndrome on lipid profile: a meta-regression analysis.J Clin Sleep Med. 2014; 10: 1295-1302
- Effect of CPAP therapy on endothelial function in obstructive sleep apnoea: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Respirology. 2015; 20: 889-895
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.BMJ. 2009; 339: b2535
- The nuts and bolts of PROSPERO: an international prospective register of systematic reviews.Syst Rev. 2012; 1: 2
The Cochrane Collaboration. In: Higgins JPT, Green S, editors. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions. Version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]; 2011. Available at: www.handbook.cochrane.org. Accessed on December 2, 2016.
Review Manager (RevMan) [Computer program]. Version 5.3. Copenhagen: The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Collaboration 2014.
- Conducting meta-analyses in R with the metafor package.J Stat Softw. 2010; 36 (Available at: http://www.jstatsoft.org/v36/i03/. Accessed on December 2, 2016)
- CPAP for prevention of cardiovascular events in obstructive sleep apnea.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 919-931
- Effect of positive airway pressure on cardiovascular outcomes in coronary artery disease patients with nonsleepy obstructive sleep apnea. The RICCADSA randomized controlled trial.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2016; 194: 613-620
- Effect of continuous positive airway pressure on the incidence of hypertension and cardiovascular events in nonsleepy patients with obstructive sleep apnea: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2012; 307: 2161-2168
- Early treatment of obstructive apnoea and stroke outcome: a randomised controlled trial.Eur Respir J. 2011; 37: 1128-1136
- Long-term acceptance of continuous positive airway pressure in obstructive sleep apnea.Am Rev Respir Dis. 1991; 144: 1130-1133
- Predictive factors of long-term compliance with nasal continuous positive airway pressure treatment in sleep apnea syndrome.Chest. 1994; 105: 429-433
- Rules for scoring respiratory events in sleep: update of the 2007 AASM Manual for the Scoring of Sleep and Associated Events. Deliberations of the Sleep Apnea Definitions Task Force of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.J Clin Sleep Med. 2012; 8: 597-619
- Should use of 4 hours continuous positive airway pressure per night be considered acceptable compliance?.Eur Respir J. 2014; 44: 1119-1120
Available at: www.cms.hhs.gov/Transmittals/Downloads/R35NCD.pdf. Accessed on February 14, 2017.
Abuzaid and Al Ashry contributed equally to this manuscript.
See page 698 for disclosure information.