Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Melatonin as an antioxidant: under promises but over delivers.J Pineal Res. 2016; 61: 253-278
- Melatonin has multiorgan effects.Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Pharmacother. 2016; 2: 258-265
- Global left ventricular longitudinal strain is associated with decreased melatonin levels in patients with acute myocardial infarction: a two-dimensional speckle tracking study.Biomarkers. 2013; 18: 310-313
- Melatonin and circadian biology in human cardiovascular disease.J Pineal Res. 2010; 49: 14-22
- Melatonin and cardiovascular disease: myth or reality?.Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2012; 65: 215-218
- Melatonin: an ancient molecule that makes oxygen metabolically tolerable.J Pineal Res. 2015; 59: 403-419
- Protective effects of melatonin and mitochondria-targeted antioxidants against oxidative stress: a review.Curr Med Chem. 2015; 22: 2690-2711
- A review of melatonin as a suitable antioxidant against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury and clinical heart diseases.J Pineal Res. 2014; 57: 357-366
- Effect of intravenous and intracoronary melatonin as an adjunct to primary percutaneous coronary intervention for acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction: results of the melatonin adjunct in the acute myocaRdial Infarction treated with Angioplasty (MARIA) trial.J Pineal Res. 2017; 62https://doi.org/10.1111/jpi.12374
- Cardiac effects of postconditioning depend critically on the duration of index ischemia.Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007; 292: H1551-H1560
- Targeting reperfusion injury in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: trials and tribulations.Eur Heart J. 2017; 38: 935-941
- Universal classification system type of incident myocardial infarction in patients with stable atherosclerosis: Observations from thrombin receptor antagonist in secondary prevention of atherothrombotic ischemic events (TRA 2°P)-TIMI 50.J Am Heart Assoc. 2016; 5 (pii: e003237)
- Transatlantic Comparison of ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction guidelines: Insights from the United States and Europe.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 67: 216-229
- Standardized cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) protocols 2013 update.J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2013; 15: 91
- Evolving therapies for myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 65: 1454-1471
- Analysis of myocardial oedema by magnetic resonance imaging early after coronary artery occlusion with or without reperfusion.Cardiovasc Res. 1993; 27: 1462-1469
- Controversies in cardiovascular MR imaging: T2-weighted imaging should not be used to delineate the area at risk in ischemic myocardial injury.Radiology. 2012; 265: 12-22
- Postconditioning reduces infarct size and edema in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 59: 2175-2181
- The role of mitochondrial permeability transition in reperfusion-induced cardiomyocyte death depends on the duration of ischemia.Basic Res Cardiol. 2011; 106: 1259-1268
- Melatonin attenuates postmyocardial infarction injury via increasing Tom70 expression.J Pineal Res. 2017; 62https://doi.org/10.1111/jpi.12371
- Effects of intracoronary melatonin on ischemia-reperfusion injury in ST-elevation myocardial infarction.Heart Vessels. 2016; 31: 88-95
- Melatonin-induced glycosaminoglycans augmentation in myocardium remote to infarction.J Physiol Pharmacol. 2013; 64: 737-744
- Melatonin for cardioprotection in STEMI: are we Ready for the Challenge?.Heart. 2017; 103: 647-648
This research was funded by the Institute Carlos III (ISCIII), Madrid, Spain ( PI15 / 01260 ), General Branch Evaluation and Research Promotion, State Plan of Scientific and Technical Research and Innovation 2013-2016, and European Regional Development Fund Health (FEDER).
See page 525 for disclosure information.