Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 2012 focused update of the ESC Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation: an update of the 2010 ESC Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation. Developed with the special contribution of the European Heart Rhythm Association.Eur Heart J. 2012; 33: 2719-2747
- The impact of atherosclerotic vascular disease in predicting a stroke, thromboembolism and mortality in atrial fibrillation patients: a systematic review.J Thromb Haemost. 2013; 11: 975-987
- Carotid atherosclerosis and stroke in atrial fibrillation: The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study.Stroke. 2016; 47: 1643-1646
- Atherosclerosis: basic mechanisms. Oxidation, inflammation, and genetics.Circulation. 1995; 91: 2488-2496
- Efficacy and safety of LDL-lowering therapy among men and women: meta-analysis of individual data from 174,000 participants in 27 randomised trials.Lancet. 2015; 385: 1397-1405
- Primary prevention with lipid lowering drugs and long term risk of vascular events in older people: population based cohort study.BMJ. 2015; 350: h2335
- Cholesterol-lowering interventions and stroke: insights from a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 55: 198-211
- Reliable identification of “truly low” thromboembolic risk in patients initially diagnosed with “lone” atrial fibrillation: the Belgrade Atrial Fibrillation Study.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2012; 5: 319-326
- The value of the CHA2DS2-VASc score for refining stroke risk stratification in patients with atrial fibrillation with a CHADS2 score 0-1: a nationwide cohort study.Thromb Haemost. 2012; 107: 1172-1179
- 2014 AHA/ACC/HRS guideline for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the Heart Rhythm Society.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: e1-e76
- 2016 ESC Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation developed in collaboration with EACTS: the Task Force for the management of atrial fibrillation of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) developed with the special contribution of the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA) of the ESC endorsed by the European Stroke Organisation (ESO).Eur Heart J. 2016; 37: 2893-2962
- Comparative performance of ATRIA, CHADS2, and CHA2DS2-VASc risk scores predicting stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation: results from a National Primary Care Database.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 66: 1851-1859
- CHADS2 versus CHA2DS2-VASc score in assessing the stroke and thromboembolism risk stratification in patients with atrial fibrillation: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Geriatr Cardiol. 2013; 10: 258-266
Drs Qi and Chen contributed equally to this study and are first authors.
This study was supported by Shanghai Health Bureau Research Projects, China (grant no. 201540094) and Shanghai Committee of Science and Technology , China (grant no. 16411965600 ).
See page 1228 for disclosure information.