Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Stroke and bleeding in atrial fibrillation with chronic kidney disease.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 625-635
- Severe renal impairment and stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation: implications for thromboprophylaxis and bleeding risk.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 57: 1339-1348
- Efficacy of apixaban when compared with warfarin in relation to renal function in patients with atrial fibrillation: insights from the ARISTOTLE trial.Eur Heart J. 2012; 33: 2821-2830
- Renal function and outcomes in anticoagulated patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation: the AMADEUS trial.Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 3572-3579
- Chronic kidney disease and the risk of stroke: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2015; 30: 1162-1169
- The association between kidney function and major bleeding in older adults with atrial fibrillation starting warfarin treatment: population based observational study.BMJ. 2015; 350: h246
- Dabigatran versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1139-1151
- Rivaroxaban versus warfarin in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 883-891
- Apixaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 981-992
- Edoxaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 2093-2104
- Updated European Heart Rhythm Association Practical Guide on the use of non-vitamin K antagonist anticoagulants in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation.Europace. 2015; 17: 1467-1507
- Renal dysfunction as a predictor of stroke and systemic embolism in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation: validation of the R(2)CHADS(2) index in the ROCKET AF (Rivaroxaban Once-daily, oral, direct factor Xa inhibition Compared with vitamin K antagonism for prevention of stroke and Embolism Trial in Atrial Fibrillation) and ATRIA (AnTicoagulation and Risk factors in Atrial fibrillation) study cohorts.Circulation. 2013; 127: 224-232
- Occurrence of death and stroke in patients in 47 countries 1 year after presenting with atrial fibrillation: a cohort study.Lancet. 2016; 388: 1161-1169
- Atrial fibrillation and risks of cardiovascular disease, renal disease, and death: systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ. 2016; 354: i4482
- Current status of clinical background of patients with atrial fibrillation in a community-based survey: the Fushimi AF Registry.J Cardiol. 2013; 61: 260-266
- Inappropriate use of oral anticoagulants for patients with atrial fibrillation.Circ J. 2014; 78: 2166-2172
- Low body weight is associated with the incidence of stroke in atrial fibrillation patients—insight from the Fushimi AF Registry.Circ J. 2015; 79: 1009-1017
- Clinical characteristics and outcomes in extreme elderly (age ≥85) Japanese patients with atrial fibrillation: the Fushimi AF Registry.Chest. 2016; 149: 401-412
- Incidence of stroke or systemic embolism in paroxysmal versus sustained atrial fibrillation: the Fushimi atrial fibrillation registry.Stroke. 2015; 46: 3354-3361
- Prediction of creatinine clearance from serum creatinine.Nephron. 1976; 16: 31-41
- Definition of major bleeding in clinical investigations of antihemostatic medicinal products in non-surgical patients.J Thromb Haemost. 2005; 3: 692-694
- Third universal definition of myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: 1581-1598
- Validation of clinical classification schemes for predicting stroke: results from the National Registry of Atrial Fibrillation.JAMA. 2001; 285: 2864-2870
- Refining clinical risk stratification for predicting stroke and thromboembolism in atrial fibrillation using a novel risk factor-based approach: the Euro Heart Survey on Atrial Fibrillation.Chest. 2010; 137: 263-272
- A novel user-friendly score (HAS-BLED) to assess 1-year risk of major bleeding in patients with atrial fibrillation: the Euro Heart Survey.Chest. 2010; 138: 1093-1100
- Validation of CHA(2)DS(2)-VASc and HAS-BLED scores in Japanese patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation: an analysis of the J-RHYTHM Registry.Circ J. 2014; 78: 1593-1599
- Anticoagulant and antiplatelet therapy in patients with atrial fibrillation undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention.Am J Cardiol. 2014; 114: 70-78
- Anticoagulation control and prediction of adverse events in patients with atrial fibrillation: a systematic review.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2008; 1: 84-91
Drs Lip and Akao contributed equally.
The Fushimi AF Registry is supported by research funding from Boehringer Ingelheim , Bayer HealthCare , Pfizer , Bristol-Myers Squibb , Astellas Pharma , AstraZeneca , Daiichi-Sankyo , Novartis Pharma , MSD , Sanofi-Aventis , and Takeda Pharmaceutical . This research is partially supported by the Practical Research Project for Life-Style related Diseases including Cardiovascular Diseases and Diabetes Mellitus from Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development , AMED ( 15656344 and 16768811 ), Japan.
See page 1235 for disclosure information.