Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Device therapy in heart failure patients with chronic kidney disease.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 58: 889-896
- Quality of care and outcomes among patients with heart failure and chronic kidney disease: A Get With the Guidelines—Heart Failure Program study.Am Heart J. 2008; 156: 674-681
- Heart failure care in the outpatient cardiology practice setting: findings from IMPROVE HF.Circ Heart Fail. 2008; 1: 98-106
- Influence of renal function on the use of guideline-recommended therapies for patients with heart failure.Am J Cardiol. 2010; 105: 1140-1146
- ACCF/HRS/AHA/ASE/HFSA/SCAI/SCCT/SCMR 2013 appropriate use criteria for implantable cardioverter-defibrillators and cardiac resynchronization therapy: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation appropriate use criteria task force, Heart Rhythm Society, American Heart Association, American Society of Echocardiography, Heart Failure Society of America, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography, and Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance.J Heart Rhythm Soc. 2013; 10: e11-e58
- The interplay between CKD, sudden cardiac death, and ventricular arrhythmias.Adv Chronic Kidney Dis. 2014; 21: 480-488
- Survival after primary prevention implantable cardioverter-defibrillator placement among patients with chronic kidney disease.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2014; 7: 793-799
- Primary prevention implantable cardioverter defibrillators in end-stage kidney disease patients on dialysis: a matched cohort study.Nephrol Dial Transpl. 2015; 30: 829-835
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators for primary prevention of sudden cardiac death in CKD: a meta-analysis of patient-level data from 3 randomized trials.Am J Kidney Dis. 2014; 64: 32-39
- The American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines program.Am Heart J. 2004; 148: S46-48
- 2012 ACCF/AHA/HRS focused update incorporated into the ACCF/AHA/HRS 2008 guidelines for device-based therapy of cardiac rhythm abnormalities: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the Heart Rhythm Society.Circulation. 2013; 127: e283-e352
- Linking inpatient clinical registry data to Medicare claims data using indirect identifiers.Am Heart J. 2009; 157: 995-1000
- Estimating GFR using the CKD Epidemiology Collaboration (CKD-EPI) creatinine equation: more accurate GFR estimates, lower CKD prevalence estimates, and better risk predictions.Am J Kidney Dis. 2010; 55: 622-627
- A pilot study using an implantable device to characterize cardiac arrhythmias in hemodialysis patients: implications for future research.Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol. 2012; 17: 159
- Chronic kidney disease is associated with increased risk of sudden cardiac death among patients with coronary artery disease.Kidney Int. 2009; 76: 652-658
- Atlas of End-stage Renal Disease in the United States.2015
- End-stage renal disease: sudden cardiac death: stratifying risk in dialysis patients.Nat Rev Nephrol. 2011; 7: 133-135
- Increased complication rates of cardiac rhythm management devices in ESRD patients.Am J Kidney Dis. 2007; 49: 656-663
- Chronic kidney disease and implantable cardioverter defibrillator related complications: 16 years of experience.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2014; 25: 998-1004
- Chronic kidney disease in patients with cardiac rhythm disturbances or implantable electrical devices: clinical significance and implications for decision making-a position paper of the European Heart Rhythm Association endorsed by the Heart Rhythm Society and the Asia Pacific Heart Rhythm Society.Europace. 2015; 17: 1169-1196
- The effect of cardiac resynchronization on morbidity and mortality in heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 1539-1549
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy in CKD: a systematic review.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2013; 8: 1293-1303
- Comparative effectiveness of CRT-D versus defibrillator alone in HF patients with moderate-to-severe chronic kidney disease.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 66: 2618-2629
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy in CKD stage 4 patients.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015; 10: 1740-1748
- Renal response in patients with chronic kidney disease predicts outcome following cardiac resynchronization therapy.Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2015; 38: 1192-1200
Funding: This analysis was funded by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases of the National Institutes of Health under Award Numbers P30DK096493 and 5K23DK098281 to Dr. Pun. The American Heart Association provides the Get With The Guidelines–Heart Failure and has received funding in the past from Medtronic, GlaxoSmithKline, Ortho-McNeil, and the American Heart Association Pharmaceutical Roundtable.
See page 891 for disclosure information.