Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Trends in mortality from coronary heart and cerebrovascular diseases in the Americas: 1970-2000.Heart. 2006; 92: 453-460
- Mortality from cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases in Europe and other areas of the world: an update.Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2009; 16: 333-350
- Cardiovascular disease mortality in the Americas: current trends and disparities.Heart. 2012; 98: 1207-1212
- Cerebrovascular disease in 48 countries: secular trends in mortality 1950-2005.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2012; 83: 138-145
- Mortality due to cardiovascular diseases in the Americas by region, 2000-2009.Sao Paulo Med J. 2014; 132: 105-110
- Mortality from ischaemic heart disease by country, region, and age: statistics from World Health Organisation and United Nations.Int J Cardiol. 2013; 168: 934-945
World Health Organization Statistical Information System. WHO Mortality Database. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2014. Available at: http://www.who.int/healthinfo/statistics/mortality_rawdata/en/index.html. Accessed on September 15, 2016.
- International Classification of Disease: 9th Revision.World Health Organization, Geneva1977
- International Statistical Classification of Disease and Related Health Problems: 10th Revision.World Health Organization, Geneva1992
- Regional Core Health Data Initiative. Table Generator System.(Available at:)Accessed on September 15, 2016)
- Estimating average annual per cent change in trend analysis.Stat Med. 2009; 28: 3670-3682
- Joinpoint Regression Program, version 4.1.(Available at:)Accessed on March 20, 2014)
- The changing face of cardiovascular disease 2000-2012: an analysis of the world health organisation global health estimates data.Int J Cardiol. 2016; 224: 256-264
- Global, regional, and national age-sex specific all-cause and cause-specific mortality for 240 causes of death, 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013.Lancet. 2015; 385: 117-171
- A call to action and a lifecourse strategy to address the global burden of raised blood pressure on current and future generations: the Lancet Commission on hypertension.Lancet. 2016; 388: 2665-2712
- Coronary heart disease and cerebrovascular disease mortality in young adults: recent trends in Europe.Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2011; 18: 627-634
- Stroke.Lancet. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jocn.2016.09.011
- Stroke epidemiology, prevention, and management strategies at a regional level: Latin America and the Caribbean.Lancet Neurol. 2007; 6: 362-372
- Chagas disease.Lancet. 2010; 375: 1388-1402
- Worldwide trends in blood pressure from 1975 to 2015: a pooled analysis of 1479 population-based measurement studies with 19·1 million participants.Lancet. 2017; 389: 37-55
- Chronic non-communicable diseases in Brazil: burden and current challenges.Lancet. 2011; 377: 1949-1961
- Hypertension prevalence, awareness, treatment and control among older people in Latin America, India and China: a 10/66 cross-sectional population-based survey.J Hypertens. 2012; 30: 177-187
- Occurrence of death and stroke in patients in 47 countries 1 year after presenting with atrial fibrillation: a cohort study.Lancet. 2016; 388: 1161-1169
- Spontaneous subarachnoid haemorrhage.Lancet. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(16)30668-7
- Obesity trends in Latin America: transiting from under- to overweight.J Nutr. 2001; 131: 893S-899S
World Health Organization. Global Status Report on Noncommunicable Diseases 2010. Annex 4 Country Estimates of NCD Mortality and Selected Risk Factors, 2008. Geneva: World Health Organization. Available at: http://www.who.int/nmh/publications/ncd_report_annex4.pdf. Accessed on December 10, 2014.
- Interpretation of the evidence for the efficacy and safety of statin therapy.Lancet. 2016; 388: 2532-2561
- Trends in the prevalence, awareness, treatment and control of high low density lipoprotein-cholesterol among United States adults from 1999-2000 through 2009-2010.Am J Cardiol. 2013; 112: 664-670
- A Latin American perspective on the new ACC/AHA clinical guidelines for managing atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2014; 16: 400
- Health-system reform and universal health coverage in Latin America.Lancet. 2015; 385: 1230-1247
This work was supported by the Italian Association for Cancer Research (AIRC grant N. 14360) to the IRCCS—Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche “Mario Negri”, Milan, Italy, and by MIUR (Ministero dell'Istruzione, dell'Università e della Ricerca), with an SIR (Scientific Independence of Young Researchers) 2014 grant (project RBSI1465UH) to the Università degli Studi di Milano.
See page 870 for disclosure information.