Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Trends in mortality from coronary heart and cerebrovascular diseases in the Americas: 1970-2000.Heart. 2006; 92: 453-460
- Mortality from cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases in Europe and other areas of the world: an update.Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2009; 16: 333-350
- Cardiovascular disease mortality in the Americas: current trends and disparities.Heart. 2012; 98: 1207-1212
- Cerebrovascular disease in 48 countries: secular trends in mortality 1950-2005.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2012; 83: 138-145
- Mortality due to cardiovascular diseases in the Americas by region, 2000-2009.Sao Paulo Med J. 2014; 132: 105-110
- Mortality from ischaemic heart disease by country, region, and age: statistics from World Health Organisation and United Nations.Int J Cardiol. 2013; 168: 934-945
World Health Organization Statistical Information System. WHO Mortality Database. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2014. Available at: http://www.who.int/healthinfo/statistics/mortality_rawdata/en/index.html. Accessed on September 15, 2016.
- International Classification of Disease: 9th Revision.World Health Organization, Geneva1977
- International Statistical Classification of Disease and Related Health Problems: 10th Revision.World Health Organization, Geneva1992
- Regional Core Health Data Initiative. Table Generator System.(Available at:)Accessed on September 15, 2016)
- Estimating average annual per cent change in trend analysis.Stat Med. 2009; 28: 3670-3682
- Joinpoint Regression Program, version 4.1.(Available at:)Accessed on March 20, 2014)
- The changing face of cardiovascular disease 2000-2012: an analysis of the world health organisation global health estimates data.Int J Cardiol. 2016; 224: 256-264
- Global, regional, and national age-sex specific all-cause and cause-specific mortality for 240 causes of death, 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013.Lancet. 2015; 385: 117-171
- A call to action and a lifecourse strategy to address the global burden of raised blood pressure on current and future generations: the Lancet Commission on hypertension.Lancet. 2016; 388: 2665-2712
- Coronary heart disease and cerebrovascular disease mortality in young adults: recent trends in Europe.Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2011; 18: 627-634
- Stroke.Lancet. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jocn.2016.09.011
- Stroke epidemiology, prevention, and management strategies at a regional level: Latin America and the Caribbean.Lancet Neurol. 2007; 6: 362-372
- Chagas disease.Lancet. 2010; 375: 1388-1402
- Worldwide trends in blood pressure from 1975 to 2015: a pooled analysis of 1479 population-based measurement studies with 19·1 million participants.Lancet. 2017; 389: 37-55
- Chronic non-communicable diseases in Brazil: burden and current challenges.Lancet. 2011; 377: 1949-1961
- Hypertension prevalence, awareness, treatment and control among older people in Latin America, India and China: a 10/66 cross-sectional population-based survey.J Hypertens. 2012; 30: 177-187
- Occurrence of death and stroke in patients in 47 countries 1 year after presenting with atrial fibrillation: a cohort study.Lancet. 2016; 388: 1161-1169
- Spontaneous subarachnoid haemorrhage.Lancet. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(16)30668-7
- Obesity trends in Latin America: transiting from under- to overweight.J Nutr. 2001; 131: 893S-899S
World Health Organization. Global Status Report on Noncommunicable Diseases 2010. Annex 4 Country Estimates of NCD Mortality and Selected Risk Factors, 2008. Geneva: World Health Organization. Available at: http://www.who.int/nmh/publications/ncd_report_annex4.pdf. Accessed on December 10, 2014.
- Interpretation of the evidence for the efficacy and safety of statin therapy.Lancet. 2016; 388: 2532-2561
- Trends in the prevalence, awareness, treatment and control of high low density lipoprotein-cholesterol among United States adults from 1999-2000 through 2009-2010.Am J Cardiol. 2013; 112: 664-670
- A Latin American perspective on the new ACC/AHA clinical guidelines for managing atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2014; 16: 400
- Health-system reform and universal health coverage in Latin America.Lancet. 2015; 385: 1230-1247
This work was supported by the Italian Association for Cancer Research (AIRC grant N. 14360 ) to the IRCCS—Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche “Mario Negri”, Milan, Italy, and by MIUR (Ministero dell'Istruzione, dell'Università e della Ricerca), with an SIR (Scientific Independence of Young Researchers) 2014 grant (project RBSI1465UH) to the Università degli Studi di Milano.
See page 870 for disclosure information.