Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Statins and risk of incident diabetes: a collaborative meta-analysis of randomised statin trials.Lancet. 2010; 375: 735-742
- Risk of incident diabetes with intensive-dose compared with moderate-dose statin therapy: a meta-analysis.JAMA. 2011; 305: 2556-2564
- Predictors of new-onset diabetes in patients treated with atorvastatin: results from 3 large randomized clinical trials.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 57: 1535-1545
- Statins are diabetogenic—myth or reality?.Atheroscler Suppl. 2012; 13: 1-10
- The effects of lowering LDL cholesterol with statin therapy in people at low risk of vascular disease: meta-analysis of individual data from 27 randomised trials.Lancet. 2012; 380: 581-590
- Banting lecture 1988. Role of insulin resistance in human disease.Diabetes. 1988; 37: 1595-1607
- Insulin resistance and insulin secretory dysfunction as precursors of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Prospective studies of Pima Indians.N Engl J Med. 1993; 329: 1988-1992
- Relationship between several surrogate estimates of insulin resistance and quantification of insulin-mediated glucose disposal in 490 healthy nondiabetic volunteers.Diabetes Care. 2000; 23: 171-175
- Is there a simple way to identify insulin-resistant individuals at increased risk of cardiovascular disease?.Am J Cardiol. 2005; 96: 399-404
- Evaluation of fasting plasma insulin concentration as an estimate of insulin action in nondiabetic individuals: comparison with the homeostasis model assessment of insulin resistance (HOMA-IR).Acta Diabetol. 2014; 51: 193-197
- Wanted!: a standardized measurement of plasma insulin concentration.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011; 31: 954-955
- Differences in cardiovascular risk factors, insulin resistance, and insulin secretion in individuals with normal glucose tolerance and in subjects with impaired glucose regulation: the Telde Study.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 2388-2393
- Isolated impaired fasting glucose and peripheral insulin sensitivity: not a simple relationship.Diabetes Care. 2008; 31: 347-352
- Risk of new-onset diabetes and cardiovascular risk reduction from high-dose statin therapy in pre-diabetics and non-pre-diabetics: an analysis from TNT and IDEAL.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 65: 402-404
- Relationship between obesity, insulin resistance, and coronary heart disease risk.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 40: 937-943
- Evidence for an independent relationship between insulin resistance and fasting plasma HDL-cholesterol, triglyceride and insulin concentrations.J Intern Med. 1992; 231: 25-30
- Intensive lipid lowering with atorvastatin in patients with stable coronary disease.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 1425-1435
- High-dose atorvastatin after stroke or transient ischemic attack: the Stroke Prevention by Aggressive Reduction in Cholesterol Levels (SPARCL) Investigators.J Cardiometab Syndr. 2008; 3: 68-69
- Standards of medical care in diabetes–2015: summary of revisions.Diabetes Care. 2015; 38: S4
- Pravastatin and the development of diabetes mellitus: evidence for a protective treatment effect in the West of Scotland Coronary Prevention Study.Circulation. 2001; 103: 357-362
- Reduction in the incidence of type 2 diabetes with lifestyle intervention or metformin.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 393-403
- Effect of change in body weight on incident diabetes mellitus in patients with stable coronary artery disease treated with atorvastatin (from the treating to new targets study).Am J Cardiol. 2014; 113: 1593-1598
- Increased risk of diabetes with statin treatment is associated with impaired insulin sensitivity and insulin secretion: a 6 year follow-up study of the METSIM cohort.Diabetologia. 2015; 58: 1109-1117
- HMG-coenzyme A reductase inhibition, type 2 diabetes, and bodyweight: evidence from genetic analysis and randomised trials.Lancet. 2015; 385: 351-361
- Association between familial hypercholesterolemia and prevalence of type 2 diabetes mellitus.JAMA. 2015; 313: 1029-1036
- Effects of niacin on glucose control in patients with dyslipidemia.Mayo Clin Proc. 2008; 83: 470-478
Drs. Kohli and Knowles contributed equally to this work.
See page 1280 for disclosure information.