Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Iron and iron-responsive proteins in the cardiomyopathy of Friedreich's ataxia.Cerebellum. 2006; 5: 257-267
- Friedreich's ataxia: pathology, pathogenesis, and molecular genetics.J Neurol Sci. 2011; 303: 1-12
- The pathogenesis of cardiomyopathy in Friedreich ataxia.PLoS One. 2015; 10 (eCollection 2015): e0116396
- The cardiomyopathy of Friedreich's ataxia morphological observations in 3 cases.Can J Neurol Sci. 1980; 7: 389-396
- Friedreich's ataxia: autosomal recessive disease caused by an intronic GAA triplet repeat expansion.Science. 1996; 271: 1423-1427
- Relation of cytosolic iron excess to cardiomyopathy of Friedreich's ataxia.Am J Cardiol. 2012; 110: 1820-1827
- The heart in hemochromatosis.South Med J. 1951; 44: 927-931
- Cardiac iron deposition in idiopathic hemochromatosis: histologic and analytic assessment of 14 hearts from autopsy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1987; 10: 1239-1243
- Iron in the heart: etiology and clinical significance.Am J Med. 1971; 51: 209-221
- Concentration of 24 trace elements in human heart tissue determined by neutron activation analysis.Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 1965; 17: 357-370
- The Elemental Composition of Human Tissues and Body Fluids: A Compilation of Values for Adults.Verlag Chemie, Weinheim and New York1978: 55-58
- Differences in metal content of the heart muscle in death from ischemic heart disease.Am Heart J. 1978; 95: 732-737
- Trace elements intake in the Faroe Islands III. Element concentrations in human organs in populations from Bergen (Norway) and the Faroe Islands.Sci Total Environ. 1989; 84: 25-33
- Total body burdens and tissue concentrations of lead, cadmium, copper, zinc, and ash in 55 human cadavers.Environ Res. 1990; 52: 126-145
- Decreased nuclear encoded subunits of cytochrome c oxidase and increased copper, zinc-superoxide dismutase activity are found in cardiomyopathic human hearts.Int J Cardiol. 1997; 62: 259-267
- Marked elevation of myocardial trace elements in idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy compared with secondary cardiac dysfunction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999; 33: 1578-1583
- Multi-element analysis of trace element levels in human autopsy tissues by using inductively coupled atomic emission spectrometry technique (ICP-AES).J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2002; 16: 15-25
- Pathology of intercalated discs in Friedreich cardiomyopathy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 66: 1739-1740
- Cardiovascular disease from copper deficiency-a history.J Nutr. 2000; 130: 489S-492S
- Role of copper in regression of cardiac hypertrophy.Pharmacol Ther. 2015; 148: 66-84
- Mutations in SCO2 are associated with a distinct form of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and cytochrome c oxidase deficiency.Hum Mol Genet. 2000; 9: 795-801
- Cardiac copper deficiency activates a systemic signaling mechanism that communicates with the copper acquisition and storage organs.Cell Metab. 2010; 11: 353-363
- Fatal infantile cardioencephalopathy with COX deficiency and mutations in SCO2, a COX assembly gene.Nat Genet. 1999; 23: 333-337
- “Pulling the plug” on cellular copper: the role of mitochondria in copper export.Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009; 1793: 146-153
- Aconitase and mitochondrial iron-sulphur protein deficiency in Friedreich ataxia.Nat Gen. 1997; 17: 215-217
- Prevention and reversal of severe mitochondrial cardiomyopathy by gene therapy in a mouse model of Friedreich's ataxia.Nat Med. 2014; 20: 542-547
- An AAV9 coding for frataxin clearly improved the symptoms and prolonged the life of Friedreich ataxia mouse models.Mol Ther Meth Clin Dev. 2014; 1: 14044
- Deferiprone in Friedreich ataxia: a 6-month randomized controlled trial.Ann Neurol. 2014; 76: 509-521
Dr. Koeppen received grants from Friedreich's Ataxia Research Alliance , R01NS069454 from National Institutes of Health , and Neurochemical Research, Inc .
National Disease Research Interchange receives financial support from National Institutes of Health ( 2 U42 OD011158 ).
See page 130 for disclosure information.