Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The global epidemiology of waterpipe smoking.Tob Control. 2014; 1: i3-i12
- Hookah use among adolescents in the United States: results of a national survey.Nicotine Tob Res. 2014; 16: 231-237
- Hookah smoking among young adults in southern California.Nurs Res. 2014; 63: 300-306
- Cardiovascular effects of nasal and transdermal nicotine and cigarette smoking.Hypertension. 2002; 39: 1107-1112
- Effect of acute and long-term smoking on myocardial blood flow and flow reserve.Circulation. 1995; 91: 2891-2897
- The acute effects of water-pipe smoking on the cardiorespiratory system.Chest. 2011; 139: 775-781
- Acute toxicant exposure and cardiac autonomic dysfunction from smoking a single narghile waterpipe with tobacco and with a “healthy” tobacco-free alternative.Toxicol Lett. 2012; 215: 70-75
- Particulate matter air pollution and cardiovascular disease: an update to the scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2010; 121: 2331-2378
- Nicotine, carbon monoxide, and carcinogen exposure after a single use of a water pipe.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2011; 20: 2345-2353
- Ultrafine particle emissions from waterpipes.Tob Control. 2007; 16: 390-393
- Air quality in New York City hookah bars.Tob Control. 2014; 24: e193-e198
- Myocardial and systemic responses to carboxyhemoglobin.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1970; 174: 268-293
- Evaluation of the datascope accutorr plus according to the recommendations of the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation.Blood Press Monit. 1997; 2: 105-110
- Cocaine-induced vasoconstriction in the human coronary microcirculation: new evidence from myocardial contrast echocardiography.Circulation. 2013; 128: 598-604
- Quantitative contrast-enhanced ultrasound imaging: a review of sources of variability.Interface Focus. 2011; 1: 520-539
- Quantification of myocardial blood flow with ultrasound-induced destruction of microbubbles administered as a constant venous infusion.Circulation. 1998; 97: 473-483
- Recommendations for chamber quantification: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography's Guidelines and standards committee and the chamber quantification writing group, developed in conjunction with the European Association of Echocardiography, a branch of the European Society of Cardiology.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2005; 18: 1440-1463
- Work as a correlate of canine left ventricular oxygen consumption, and the problem of catecholamine oxygen wasting.Circ Res. 1982; 50: 273-286
- Heart rate variability: standards of measurement, physiological interpretation and clinical use. Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology.Circulation. 1996; 93: 1043-1065
- Effects of cocaine on heart rate variability in healthy subjects.Am J Cardiol. 2004; 93: 385-388
- Selected ion monitoring method for determination of nicotine, cotinine and deuterium-labeled analogs: absence of an isotope effect in the clearance of (S)-nicotine-3',3'-d2 in humans.Biol Mass Spectrom. 1991; 20: 247-252
- Health effects associated with waterpipe smoking.Tob Control. 2015; 24: i31-i43
- Relation between myocardial oxygen consumption and myocardial blood volume: a study using myocardial contrast echocardiography.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2002; 15: 857-863
- Effects of carbon monoxide or low oxygen gas mixture inhalation on regional oxygenation, blood flow, and small vessel blood content of the rabbit heart.Pflugers Arch. 1980; 383: 105-111
- Air pollution and incidence of hypertension and diabetes mellitus in black women living in Los Angeles.Circulation. 2012; 125: 767-772
- Waterpipe-associated particulate matter emissions.Nicotine Tob Res. 2008; 10: 519-523
- Norepinephrine and epinephrine release and adrenergic mediation of smoking-associated hemodynamic and metabolic events.N Engl J Med. 1976; 295: 573-577
- Carbon monoxide levels among patrons of hookah cafes.Am J Prev Med. 2011; 40: 324-328
- Waterpipe cafes in Baltimore, Maryland: carbon monoxide, particulate matter, and nicotine exposure.J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol. 2015; 25: 405-410
- Passage of inhaled particles into the blood circulation in humans.Circulation. 2002; 105: 411-414
Drs. Nelson and Rezk-Hanna contributed equally to this manuscript.
This study was funded by an Exploratory/Developmental research grant TRDRP #22XT-0017 to Dr. Victor from the Tobacco-Related Disease Research Program, Oakland, California. Doctoral candidate Rezk-Hanna was supported by a TRDRP Dissertation Research Award (#23DT-0102).
See page 1753 for disclosure information.