Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Echocardiography screening for rheumatic heart disease in Ugandan schoolchildren.Circulation. 2012; 125: 3127-3132
- Evaluation of a screening protocol using auscultation and portable echocardiography to detect asymptomatic rheumatic heart disease in Tongan schoolchildren.Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med. 2008; 5: 411-417
- Prevalence of rheumatic heart disease detected by echocardiographic screening.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 470-476
- Prevalence of rheumatic heart disease in 4720 asymptomatic scholars from South Africa and Ethiopia.Heart. 2015; 101: 1389-1394
- Prevalence of rheumatic heart disease in children and young adults in Nicaragua.Am J Cardiol. 2010; 105: 1809-1814
- Echocardiography screening to detect rheumatic heart disease: a cohort study of schoolchildren in French Pacific Islands.Int J Cardiol. 2015; 188: 89-95
- Screening for rheumatic heart disease: evaluation of a focused cardiac ultrasound approach.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015; 8https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCIMAGING.114.002324
- Screening for rheumatic heart disease: evaluation of a simplified echocardiography-based approach.Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2012; 13: 1024-1029
- The utility of handheld echocardiography for early rheumatic heart disease diagnosis: a field study.Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015; 16: 475-482
- Pilot study of nurse-led rheumatic heart disease echocardiography screening in Fiji–a novel approach in a resource-poor setting.Cardiol Young. 2013; 23: 546-552
- Handheld echocardiographic screening for rheumatic heart disease by non-experts.BMJ Heart. 2016; 102: 35-39
- Teaching focused echocardiography for rheumatic heart disease screening.Ann Pediatr Cardiol. 2015; 8: 118-121
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)–a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- World Heart Federation criteria for echocardiographic diagnosis of rheumatic heart disease–an evidence-based guideline.Nat Rev Cardiol. 2012; 9: 297-309
- Screening for rheumatic heart disease: current approaches and controversies.Nat Rev Cardiol. 2013; 10: 49-58
- Congenital heart disease and rheumatic heart disease in Africa: recent advances and current priorities.Heart. 2013; 99: 1554-1561
- Simplified rheumatic heart disease screening criteria for handheld echocardiography.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2015; 28: 463-469
The Verizon, Basking Ridge , New Jersey through the Programa de Rastreamento da Valvopatia Reumática (PROVAR) program supported this work and General Electric provided the echocardiography equipment used for study completion. The sponsors did not have any involvement in study design, data collection, data analysis, writing of the manuscript, or decision to submit this article for publication.
See page 1788 for disclosure information.