Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Palliative care in heart failure: a position statement from the palliative care workshop of the Heart Failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology.Eur J Heart Fail. 2009; 11: 433-443
- Missed opportunities for advance care planning communication during outpatient clinic visits.J Gen Intern Med. 2012; 27: 445-451
- Focused update incorporated into the ACC/AHA 2005 guidelines for the diagnosis and management of heart failure in adults: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines developed in Collaboration with the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 53: e1-e90
- How aware of advanced care directives are heart failure patients, and are they using them?.Can J Cardiol. 2011; 27: 376-381
- “They diagnosed bad heart”: a qualitative exploration of patients' knowledge about and experiences with heart failure.Heart Lung. 2008; 37: 257-265
- Breaking bad news sensitively: what is important to patients in their last year of life?.BMJ Support Palliat Care. 2012; 2: 24-28
- What conversations do bereaved parents remember?.J Palliat Care Med. 2015; 5: 1
- “There's no cure for this condition”: how physicians discuss advance care planning in HF.Patient Educ Couns. 2013; 91: 200-205
- Communication in heart failure: perspectives from older people and primary care professionals.Health Soc Care Community. 2006; 14: 482-490
- Patient-clinician communication about end-of-life care in patients with advanced chronic organ failure during one year.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2015; 49: 1109-1115
- Dying of lung cancer or cardiac failure: prospective qualitative interview study of patients and their carers in the community.BMJ. 2002; 325: 929
- Breaking the “bad” news to patients and families: preparing to have the conversation about end-of-life and hospice care.Am J Geriatr Cardiol. 2004; 13: 307-312
- The power and potential of language.in: Altilio T. Otis-Green S. Oxford Textbook of Palliative Social Work. Oxford University Press, New York, NY2011: 689-695
- Attention and Intention: an invitation to reflection on language.AAPHM Q. 2013; 14: 14-17
- “The Patient failed chemotherapy”…an expunged phrase.Oncologist. 2004; 9 (author reply 719): 719
- Discussing treatment preferences with patients who want “everything.”.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 151: 345-349
- Language matters: “Sometimes we withdraw treatment but we never withdraw care.”.J Palliat Med. 2007; 10: 1239-1240
- Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2013; 30: 35-39
- Opportunities and challenges for palliative care professionals in the age of health reform.J Hosp Palliat Nurs. 2012; 14: 452-459
See page 1781 for disclosure information.