Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Epidemiology and clinical course of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.Eur J Heart Fail. 2011; 13: 18-28
- The many faces of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.Nat Rev Cardiol. 2012; 9: 555-556
- Developing therapies for heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: current state and future directions.JACC Heart Fail. 2014; 2: 97-112
- Angiotensin receptor blockers and outcomes in real-world older patients with heart failure and preserved ejection fraction: a propensity-matched inception cohort clinical effectiveness study.Eur J Heart Fail. 2012; 14: 1179-1188
- Effect of phosphodiesterase-5 inhibition on exercise capacity and clinical status in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2013; 309: 1268-1277
- Effect of spironolactone on diastolic function and exercise capacity in patients with heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: the Aldo-DHF randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2013; 309: 781-791
- Spironolactone for heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 1383-1392
- Isosorbide mononitrate in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 2314-2324
- Predictors of new-onset heart failure: differences in preserved versus reduced ejection fraction.Circ Heart Fail. 2013; 6: 279-286
- Incidence and epidemiology of new onset heart failure with preserved vs. reduced ejection fraction in a community-based cohort: 11-year follow-up of PREVEND.Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 1424-1431
- Multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis: objectives and design.Am J Epidemiol. 2002; 156: 871-881
- A new equation to estimate glomerular filtration rate.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 604-612
- Calcified coronary artery plaque measurement with cardiac CT in population-based studies: standardized protocol of Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA) and Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) study.Radiology. 2005; 234: 35-43
- Quantification of coronary artery calcium using ultrafast computed tomography.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1990; 15: 827-832
- N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide, left ventricular mass, and incident heart failure: Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.Circ Heart Fail. 2012; 5: 727-734
- A proportional hazards model for the subdistribution of a competing risk.J Am Stat Assoc. 1999; 94: 496-509
- Older Adults, “malignant” left ventricular hypertrophy, and associated cardiac-specific biomarker phenotypes to identify the differential risk of new-onset reduced versus preserved ejection fraction heart failure: CHS (Cardiovascular Health Study).JACC Heart Fail. 2015; 3: 445-455
- Trends in prevalence and outcome of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 251-259
- Differences between patients with a preserved and a depressed left ventricular function: a report from the EuroHeart Failure Survey.Eur Heart J. 2004; 25: 1214-1220
- Contemporary trends in heart failure with reduced and preserved ejection fraction after myocardial infarction: a community study.Am J Epidemiol. 2013; 178: 1272-1280
- Mortality associated with heart failure after myocardial infarction: a contemporary community perspective.Circ Heart Fail. 2016; 9: e002460
- A novel paradigm for heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: comorbidities drive myocardial dysfunction and remodeling through coronary microvascular endothelial inflammation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: 263-271
- Effects of interleukin-1 blockade with anakinra on aerobic exercise capacity in patients with heart failure and preserved ejection fraction (from the D-HART pilot study).Am J Cardiol. 2014; 113: 321-327
- Predict, protect, prevent: working toward a personalized approach to heart failure prevention.JACC Heart Fail. 2015; 3: 456-458
- Natriuretic peptide-based screening and collaborative care for heart failure: the STOP-HF randomized trial.JAMA. 2013; 310: 66-74
The MESA study is supported by R01 HL071739 and contracts N01-HC-95159 through N01-HC-95169 from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute . Dr. Silverman is supported by the NIH (Bethesda, Maryland) 5T32HL007604 training grant.
See page 1480 for disclosure information.