Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Contemporary trends of hospitalization for atrial fibrillation in the United States, 2000 through 2010: implications for healthcare planning.Circulation. 2014; 129: 2371-2379
- Progress toward the prevention and treatment of atrial fibrillation: a summary of the Heart Rhythm Society Research Forum on the Treatment and Prevention of Atrial Fibrillation, Washington, DC, December 9-10, 2013.Heart Rhythm. 2015; 12: e5-e29
- Treatment of atrial fibrillation with antiarrhythmic drugs or radiofrequency ablation: two systematic literature reviews and meta-analyses.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2009; 2: 349-361
- Radiofrequency ablation vs antiarrhythmic drugs as first-line treatment of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation (RAAFT-2): a randomized trial.JAMA. 2014; 311: 692-700
- Radiofrequency ablation as initial therapy in paroxysmal atrial fibrillation.New Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 1587-1595
- 2014 AHA/ACC/HRS guideline for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the Heart Rhythm Society.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: e1-e76
- Smedley B.D. Stith A.Y. Nelson A.R. Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care. 2002 by the National Academy of Sciences, Washington DC2003
- Sex differences in the use of implantable cardioverter-defibrillators for primary and secondary prevention of sudden cardiac death.JAMA. 2007; 298: 1517-1524
- Gender differences in clinical outcome and primary prevention defibrillator benefit in patients with severe left ventricular dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Heart Rhythm. 2010; 7: 876-882
- Demographic profile of patients undergoing catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2011; 22: 994-998
- Race- and sex-related differences in care for patients newly diagnosed with atrial fibrillation.Heart Rhythm. 2015; 12: 1406-1412
- Healthcare cost and utilization project (HCUP). Agency for healthcare research and quality, Rockville, MD2008 (Available at:)Accessed on January 31 2013)
- In-hospital complications associated with catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation in the United States between 2000 and 2010: analysis of 93 801 procedures.Circulation. 2013; 128: 2104-2112
- Procedural complications, rehospitalizations, and repeat procedures after catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 59: 143-149
- Percutaneous aortic balloon valvotomy in the United States: a 13-year perspective.Am J Med. 2014; 127 (e743): 744-753
- Outcomes of Medicare beneficiaries undergoing catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation.Circulation. 2012; 126: 2200-2207
- Adapting a clinical comorbidity index for use with ICD-9-CM administrative databases.J Clin Epidemiol. 1992; 45: 613-619
- Coronary revascularization trends in the United States, 2001-2008.JAMA. 2011; 305: 1769-1776
- Heart rate variability in risk stratification of cardiac patients.Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 2013; 56: 153-159
- Tests for linear trend in proportions and frequencies.Biometrics. 1955; 11: 11
- Comparison of antiarrhythmic drug therapy and radiofrequency catheter ablation in patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2010; 303: 333-340
- Characteristics of patients undergoing atrial fibrillation ablation: trends over a seven-year period 1999-2005.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2007; 18: 23-28
- Influence of age, sex, and atrial fibrillation recurrence on quality of life outcomes in a population of patients with new-onset atrial fibrillation: the Fibrillation Registry Assessing Costs, Therapies, Adverse events and Lifestyle (FRACTAL) study.Am Heart J. 2006; 152: 1097-1103
- Women with atrial fibrillation: greater risk, less attention.Gend Med. 2009; 6: 419-432
- Prevalence of diagnosed atrial fibrillation in adults: national implications for rhythm management and stroke prevention: the anticoagulation and risk factors in atrial fibrillation (atria) study.JAMA. 2001; 285: 2370-2375
- Racial disparities in hospitalizations, procedural treatments and mortality of patients hospitalized with atrial fibrillation.Ethn Dis. 2014; 24: 144-149
- Compiling the evidence: the National Healthcare Disparities Reports.Health Aff (Millwood). 2005; 24: 376-387
- Differences, disparities, and biases: clarifying racial variations in health care use.Ann Intern Med. 2004; 141: 635-638
- Understanding racial and sex-related variations in AF treatment: “Difference,” “disparity,” or “bias”?.Heart Rhythm. 2015; 12: 1413-1414
Drs. Nileshkumar Patel, Deshmukh, and Thakkar share equal contribution to this study.
This work was conducted with support from the Miami Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (grant # 1UL1TR000460 from National Center for Advancing Translational Science , Miami, Florida). The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the Miami CTSI, The University of Miami, and its affiliated academic health care centers, or the National Institutes of Health.
See page 1124 for disclosure information.