Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The relationship between obesity and mortality in patients with heart failure.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001; 38: 789-795
- Obesity paradox in patients with hypertension and coronary artery disease.Am J Med. 2007; 120: 863-870
- The relationship between body mass index, treatment, and mortality in patients with established coronary artery disease: a report from APPROACH.Eur Heart J. 2009; 30: 2584-2592
- Heart disease and stroke statistics—2012 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2012; 125: e2-e220
- The obesity paradox in patients with peripheral arterial disease.Chest. 2008; 134: 925-930
- Accuracy of body mass index in diagnosing obesity in the adult general population.Int J Obes (Lond). 2008; 32: 959-966
- The obesity paradox: time for a new look at an old paradigm.Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2012; 65: 403-404
CDC. Continuous NHANES Datasets and Documentation, 1999-2004. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/nhanes_questionnaires.htm.
- Abdominal and gynoid fat mass are associated with cardiovascular risk factors in men and women.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008; 93: 4360-4366
- Visceral obesity in men. Associations with glucose tolerance, plasma insulin, and lipoprotein levels.Diabetes. 1992; 41: 826-834
- Body composition and its association with cardiometabolic risk factors in the elderly: a focus on sarcopenic obesity.Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2013; 56: 270-278
- Body composition and survival in stable coronary heart disease: impact of lean mass index and body fat in the “obesity paradox”.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: 1374-1380
- Comparison of A1C and fasting glucose criteria to diagnose diabetes among U.S. adults.Diabetes Care. 2010; 33: 95-97
- Multiple Imputation for Nonresponse in Surveys.J. Wiley & Sons, New York1987
- The robust inference for the Cox proportional hazards model.J Am Statist Assoc. 1989; 84: 1074-1078
- Association of all-cause mortality with overweight and obesity using standard body mass index categories: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA. 2013; 309: 71-82
- Obesity and the obesity paradox in heart failure.Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 2014; 56: 409-414
- Relative muscle mass is inversely associated with insulin resistance and prediabetes. Findings from the third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011; 96: 2898-2903
- Metabolic syndrome and cardiometabolic risk factors.Curr Vasc Pharmacol. 2014; 11: 858-879
- Muscle mass Index as a predictor of longevity in older-adults.Am J Med. 2014; 127: 547-553
- Body composition and longevity: is there a longevous morphotype?.Med Anthropol. 1991; 13: 215-229
- Cytokines, apoptosis and cachexia: the potential for TNF antagonism.Int J Cardiol. 2002; 85: 161-171
- Contribution of cardiorespiratory fitness to the obesity paradox.Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 2014; 56: 434-440
- Obesity and cardiovascular diseases: implications regarding fitness, fatness, and severity in the obesity paradox.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 1345-1354
- Prognostic importance of weight loss in patients with coronary heart disease regardless of initial body mass index.Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2008; 15: 336-340
- Weight loss causes increased mortality: pros.Obes Rev. 2003; 4: 3-7
- Prevalence and profile of metabolic syndrome in patients following acute coronary events and effects of therapeutic lifestyle change with cardiac rehabilitation.Am J Cardiol. 2003; 92: 50-54
- Effect of physical training on insulin resistance in patients with chronic heart failure.Circ J. 2006; 70: 864-867
Crane JD, Devries MC, Safdar A, Hamadeh MJ, Tarnopolsky MA. The effect of aging on human skeletal muscle mitochondrial and intramyocellular lipid ultrastructure. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2010;65:119–128.
See page 1359 for disclosure information.