Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 2012 Focused update of the ESC guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation: an update of the 2010 ESC guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation—developed with the special contribution of the European Heart Rhythm Association.Europace. 2012; 14: 1385-1413
- Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation: the Task Force for the Management of Atrial Fibrillation of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC).Eur Heart J. 2010; 31: 2369-2429
- 2014 AHA/ACC/HRS guideline for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the Heart Rhythm Society.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: e1-e76
- Thromboembolic complications after cardioversion of acute atrial fibrillation: the FinCV (Finnish CardioVersion) study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: 1187-1192
- Clinical and laboratory risk factors of thrombotic complications after pacemaker implantation: a prospective study.Europace. 2010; 12: 817-824
- Safety of coronary artery bypass surgery during therapeutic oral anticoagulation.Thromb Res. 2011; 128: 435-439
- Safety of pacemaker and implantable cardioverter-defibrillator implantation during uninterrupted warfarin treatment—the FinPAC study.Int J Cardiol. 2013; 168: 3679-3682
- Arrhythmic complications after electrical cardioversion of acute atrial fibrillation: the FinCV study.Europace. 2013; 15: 1432-1435
- Time to cardioversion for acute atrial fibrillation and thromboembolic complications.JAMA. 2014; 312: 647-649
- Can we predict the failure of electrical cardioversion of acute atrial fibrillation? The FinCV study.Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2015; 38: 368-375
- Comparing the areas under two or more correlated receiver operating characteristic curves: a nonparametric approach.Biometrics. 1988; 44: 837-845
- Refining clinical risk stratification for predicting stroke and thromboembolism in atrial fibrillation using a novel risk factor-based approach: the Euro Heart Survey on atrial fibrillation.Chest. 2010; 137: 263-272
- The efficacy of anticoagulant therapy in preventing embolism related to D.C. electrical conversion of atrial fibrillation.Am J Cardiol. 1969; 23: 208-216
- Role of prophylactic anticoagulation for direct current cardioversion in patients with atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1992; 19: 851-855
- Low stroke risk after elective cardioversion of atrial fibrillation: an analysis of the Flec-SL trial.Int J Cardiol. 2013; 168: 3977-3981
- Embolic complications of direct current cardioversion of atrial arrhythmias: association with low intensity of anticoagulation at the time of cardioversion.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 40: 926-933
- Dabigatran versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation: an analysis of patients undergoing cardioversion.Circulation. 2011; 123: 131-136
- Safety and efficacy of enoxaparin compared with unfractionated heparin and oral anticoagulants for prevention of thromboembolic complications in cardioversion of nonvalvular atrial fibrillation: the Anticoagulation in Cardioversion using Enoxaparin (ACE) trial.Circulation. 2004; 109: 997-1003
- Meta-analysis: antithrombotic therapy to prevent stroke in patients who have nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.Ann Intern Med. 2007; 146: 857-867
- Dabigatran versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1139-1151
- Rivaroxaban versus warfarin in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 883-891
- Apixaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 981-992
- Spontaneous conversion of first onset atrial fibrillation.Intern Med J. 2012; 42: 1195-1199
- Likelihood of spontaneous conversion of atrial fibrillation to sinus rhythm.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1998; 31: 588-592
- Risk for clinical thromboembolism associated with conversion to sinus rhythm in patients with atrial fibrillation lasting less than 48 hours.Ann Intern Med. 1997; 126: 615-620
- Stroke and bleeding risk co-distribution in real-world patients with atrial fibrillation: the Euro Heart Survey.Am J Med. 2014; 127: 979-986.e2
This study was funded by The Finnish Foundation for Cardiovascular Research , Helsinki, Finland, and Clinical Research Fund (EVO) of Turku University Hospital , Turku, Finland.
See page 1297 for disclosure information.